Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.
~Dia ne Duane
Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!
*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.
Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.
If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.
Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.
Unless otherwise stated, all music videos are via YouTube.
~
OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?
~
- Reading:
Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana GabaldonMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
As much as I'm a fan of the series, I have to admit this one only just managed to scrape the four star rating I'm giving it. I mean, I really enjoyed this book for the most part, but didn't totally love it, and can think of several things I didn't enjoy about it. There were a few places in this book where I felt like the events or details were drawn out a bit more than they needed to be, a couple of times where the scene - while interesting - really didn't do anything to move the plot forward, and a couple of deaths of minor characters I wish hadn't happened. Also - while the ending isn't a cliffhanger, and I did think it was a lovely ending in many ways - I found it frustrating that things were left as they were as regards Roger and Brianna's part of the story. Other than that though, this was a nice addition to the series, and I look forward to the next book.
Immortal Born by Lynsay SandsMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book is an excellent addition to this series; a sweet romance, and an action-packed paranormal tale, with plenty of entertaining scenes. If you enjoy those kinds of things, you should read this book, as well as the previous books in the series. No, it's not essential to have read the others before you read this one, since you won't be lost if you don't know who everyone is. I do suggest you try to though, since there are some things you'll only know about some of the characters if you've read their stories in previous books.
The Dancing Bear by Michael MorpurgoMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
My actual rating is 3.5 stars, but I rounded up. It would have been a five star read for me, but the ending felt kind of sudden and lacking in emotion. Up until that point I thought it was an excellent and beautiful read, but the ending was a disappointment, which took away a lot of my enjoyment of the rest of the story.
~
- Watching:
Actually, I've got nothing to say for this part, because this week I watched absolutely nothing. I didn't even do a good job of keeping up with YouTube videos from channels I follow.
~
- Listening:
4 comments:
I love pan pipe! Thanks for sharing this!
Jeanie:
You're very welcome. :)
Yes, very soothing music!! :)
Rita:
Glad you agree. Soothing is very much needed right now, I think. It is for me anyhow.
Post a Comment