Thursday, December 24, 2020

The Naughty Or Nice #Book Tag - #AmReading

Books make great gifts because they have whole worlds inside of them. And it's much cheaper to buy somebody a book than it is to buy them the whole world!
~Neil Gaiman

    

*~*~* 

    

As regular visitors to my blog know, today was meant to be a weekly media shares and reviews post.  However, since I'm not reading or watching much at the moment due to a combination of settling in to the new place and the holidays, today I’m doing the fun Naughty or Nice Book Tag instead.  It's a tag which aims to show whether you’ll end up on Santa’s naughty list or the nice list, depending on how you answer the questions below.  I got it from Cat at The Strawberry Post, who did the tag on her blog recently (click here for Cat's post). As Cat said in her post, if you’d like to do this tag then please go ahead.  It’ll be fun to find out which of us are on the nice list and which on the naughty. πŸ˜‰
  

If you do this tag on your own blog, don’t forget to let me know where your answers are so I can check them out.  Alternatively, just comment below with what your answers to these questions would be. πŸ™‚
     

 

    The idea of this tag is that there are 20 questions , for each thing you say yes to, is counted as a point, the more points you have the more likely you will go on the naughty list! If you score more than half you’re on the naughty list, so let’s see how I do! πŸ˜€
     

~

     

1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it

    

No.  Never.  Also, I just got caught up on the books I had off people to review a few weeks ago. 

    

2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley

    I'm not even on there, so I'm counting this as a, "No," since I can't be expected to have a high rating on something I'm not even on, can I? 

    

3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did).


    No.  If I promise a review will come on my blog as well as Goodreads, it always does. 

    

4. Folded down the page of a book

    

Never!  Never done it, never will!!!! 

    
5. Accidentally spilled on a book

    

 I'm afraid this one is a very firm, "Yes," answer.  So, one naughty point for me.  I once spilled an entire large cup of grape Kool-Aid over a book.  I've also had blood end up on a book from a nose bleed.  There might be other incidents too.  OK, so those were in the past, but since I can't guarantee there wasn't one this year, I'm still giving myself the naughty point.

    

6. DNF a book this year

    No.  I never DNF (do not finish) a book.  If I start a book, I always finish it, no matter how little I'm enjoying it.  After all, sometimes books improve further in.

    

7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
 

No.  What’s the point in buying a book if you aren't going to read it? 

    
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)

    

 Yes.  I do this a lot.  Sometimes I do the thing too - like listen to an audiobook while doing housework - but sometimes I get distracted by the book.  So, another naughty point for me. 

  
9. Skim read a book
     

No.  Even non-fiction I read from start to finish. 

    
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal

     

I thought I might have had to say, "Yes," to this one, but it looks like I'm going to make it this year, and I usually do.  Unlike most previous years, when I more than beat it, it's going to be a close one this time though. 

   

11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library

    

Never.  Not used a library in ages, but always returned my books when I did. 

    

12. Broke a book buying ban
     

I'm going to have to come clean and admit that the answer is, "Yes," to this one.  I brought a book or two during the time I wasn't meant to be buying books while we were saving to move.   Actually, I brought three. I couldn't resist.  It means another naughty point for me though.

     

13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
     

No.  Luckily for me I have a good memory, so even if I don't do a review immediately I can remember at least the gist of the book.  Not forever, but for long enough that it's never caused a problem when it comes to sorting reviews. 

     

14. Wrote in a book you were reading
     

Never! I didn't even like to do that kind of thing as a child, and certainly wouldn't now. 

     

15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
     

No.  All my read books are marked as read on Goodreads if I've finished them.  They usually get marked as read and have their reviews done on there before anywhere else actually. 

     

16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
     

No.  I don't generally borrow books, and I've certainly not done so recently.  The few times I have, I gave them back.  Once I even gave the book back before I was done reading it, and had to later go buy my own copy so I could finish reading the book, since borrowing it again wasn't an option due to me being in the process of moving to Canada at the time, and not having finished the book bothered me.

    

17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
     

Yes.  I don't like lending my stuff out, because I've had so many people either not return stuff or return it in such bad shape from how they've treated it that I almost wish they hadn't bothered.  So I tend to avoid the subject of people even considering borrowing my books as a rule. 

        

18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
     

No.  Don't think I've ever done that, and definitely not this year. 

     

19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
     

No.  I'm pretty sure I haven't ever done that, and know I haven't this year. 

     

20. Sat on a book accidentally
      

Yes.  I was packing, and things were everywhere, and... The book was OK though. 

 

   

     

So, it looks like my naughty points total is five out of 20, which means that - though I'm no angel - I should be on Santa's nice list this year.  How about you? Have you been naughty or nice?

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Merry Christmas in your new home! (I've sat down on books more than once!)

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you too! Also, glad it's not just me with the sitting on books... ;)

Cat Strawberry said...

Lol, sitting on a book, I guess if I remember the last time I moved there was quite a lot of sitting on or almost stepping onto a lot more than just books! Great tag and good to hear you're on the nice list! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Cat:
Oh, yes... Books were not the only things that got sat or stepped on during packing. LOL!

Glad you enjoyed reading my answers. :)