Of course, having stumbled across this one via this post on a blog called "For Books Sake" earlier this year, I knew I had to do it. I mean, it's Harry Potter, and a tag I haven't done yet!
Interestingly, this one has a rule where you're not allowed to use any of the Harry Potter books for your answers. That's a nice twist. Good thing I've read plenty of other books too, isn't it? *wink*
As usual, I'm not tagging anyone, but if you want to play along, feel free to do so, either in the comments section of this post, or on your own blog. Just don't forget to tell me where your answers can be found, because I'd hate to miss reading them. For now though, here are the questions, along with my own answers:
1. It’s your first Christmas at Hogwarts. What’s one book you’ve asked for this year?
The rest of the "Animals Of Farthing Wood" series by Colin Dann. I got the first book last year, and am hoping for the next this year, or maybe more than one of them. Bet I don't get those books though. I mean, there are a lot of books on my list...
2. You spot Hagrid hauling the Christmas tree through the grounds. What is the longest (or heaviest) book you own?
By page count, the longest is probably "The Lord Of The Rings" by JRR Tolkien. But the heaviest is my copy of "Lief's Vegetarian Bible" - a recipe book in more than a dozen braille volumes. Trust me when I say that even a doorstop like "The Lord Of The Rings" is easier to carry around than this thing.
3. It’s time for the famous Great Hall feast. What’s one book you can’t read without snacks?
Any of the books in Kim Harrison's "Hollows" series. I don't always snack while eating, but so many of the scenes in those books revolve around food it's hard not to grab a snack while reading that series.
4. Well done, you’ve brewed your first Polyjuice Potion. What’s one book you’d change the cover of?
I can't think of one. I mean, I wouldn't change the covers of any books I own. Not just because I can't see them either, but because I did try not to judge a book by its cover even when I had the option to do that. Or maybe I would be able to pick one if I could see them? *shrugs*
5. You receive a brand new Firebolt for Christmas. What’s one book you read super quickly?
I read most books super quickly, especially compared to most people. I mean, there are people who read faster than me, but not many I know personally. Most people don't read the 100 books and over that I read each year. So I really can't pick one for this question either.
6. You join Harry for his first proper Christmas. What’s one book you’d love to receive this year?
To be honest, any book I don't have a copy of will be welcome. Although, if you want a spacific book to be mentioned, just see my answer for the first question, since my answer for this question would be the same: the next book in the "Animals Of Farthing Wood" series by Colin Dann.
7. You get hit by one of Fred and George’s flying snowballs. What’s a book you wanted to throw across the room?
Throw a book across the room? *gasps in horror* I can't do that, and have never been tempted to do so.
8. You’ve just visited Hogsmeade for the first time. What’s one popular book you haven’t read yet?
Where do I start? Since I work to my own reading schedule, there are an awful lot of popular books I haven't gotten around to reading yet.
I can't pick just one, but my favourites are: "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, "The Bear Father Christmas Forgot" by Diana Kimpton, "Winter Solstice" by Rosamunde Pilchar, and "The Little Match Girl" by Hans Christian Anderson.
It's not one book, but a series: Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series. Those books got me through the early weeks of the pandemic. Being able to escape to 18th century Scotland and America (with some 20th century parts thrown in) was a great - and incredibly welcome - distraction from the year 2020.
2 comments:
Creat tag and one I can do even though I haven't read the Harry Potter books yet, lol! I loved the Animals of Farthing Wood when it was animated for television when I was a child. I think I even have a video somewhere still :) I didn't realise it was also written in books (embarassed). I'd love to read that or any other books with animals.
Cat:
I only knew there were books too because my brother had them on tape when we were young. We watched the TV series too. It was one of our favourites growing up. You'd definitely love the books (especially since you loved the TV series).
If you do the tag, I look forward to reading your answers. :)
Post a Comment