Sunday, May 13, 2007

Accidents...

Accidents. They're funny things. There are silly accidents. Like when you trip over your own feet, or when you are making dinner for someone and you put something on their plate that they had already told you they didn't like, but you forgot they didn't like it. Then there are worse ones. Like when you spill hot tea over someone, or when you are carrying something with someone, and you drop your end of it. Yes, there are all kinds of accidents. The kind I'm talking about though, is the kind you can't explain. In this case, I knelt down on the floor and I somehow ended up cutting my ankle. I have no idea how, or what on, but I did cut it. It's quite an impressive cut too! I can't wear my shoes without putting a plaster over it, or my shoe rubs and it hurts too much to walk! So, the lesson for today is, check the floor before kneeling down.

Anyway, it was only for a few hours, but we actually had some sun yesterday. Of course, by the time the sun came out it was too late to go to the park, but at least we had some sun, and I was able to take Kero for a walk without getting soaked. Which, by the way, both Kero and I were very happy about!

That's it from me for now.

Tori

7 comments:

Robyn said...

That cut sounds awful! I've fallen off a model bridge at school once. I cut my eye in two places, just underneath my eyebrow and on my eyelid, just above my eyelashes. The one above my eyebrow was worse, and I got a pack of peas to put on it.
My mum put some cream on it to help stop it swelling, but I was allergic to it and my eye was literally, the size of a tennis ball! All the five-year-olds ran screaming from me becuase I looked so scary!

Robyn said...

Oh yeah, and once, someone stole my French jotter, and I ran sfter them. I was wearing a skirt and wellies, and I fell over. My knee was like gushing with blood (it wasn't very sore really, it just looked it.) and one Primary One said I ought to go to hospital.

Robyn said...

And then one time I was playing a game, and I tripped over a rock and I went flat on my face and skidded along the ground. I had a cut the length of my nose and a bleeding chin. It was very painful, and after the scab had fallen off it looked like I had had a small accident with lipstick. LOL I think that's all!

Tori_Z said...

Sounds like you cut yourself as much as I do! If I went to the hospital or something every time I cut myself, I'd have to move in to the hospital! LOL!

I still have a bit of a lump on my head from the cans of cat food falling on me the other day!

AliceKay said...

Tori? You best be careful! Hope you ankle heals fast, too. *hugs*

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

you coming out in sympathy with your cousin billy ?? , lol , but yes these unexplained accidents are some times more sore than the big one's , i once jumped into a laurel bush to hide from some one and hit my knee on a hidden tree stump " ouch " not nice .

glad you had a tiny bit of sunshine so did we , but if you blinked you missed it , lol .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

AK, I alway 'try' to be careful, it just doesn't always work out so well for me. LOL!

Grandma, I see, so, it's your influence that causes all the accidents then? LOL!