Sunday, May 06, 2007

A sunny Saturday, a miserable Sunday and Tabby

We've had a beautiful week, weather wise. That is, until today anyway!

Yesterday it was absolutely boiling hot. Mam and I took Kero and Willow for a nice, long walk in the morning, then Mam took Willow home so that she - meaning Willow - was home before the mid-day heat. Then Mam and I met up for a picnic in the park. Kero, of course, came too. So did Sakura. We had a great time, but didn't stay long, because, for one thing, we were a bit worried about Kero and Sakura being in the sun for too long, for another, we were getting a bit hot ourselves.

Mam, Kero and I then spent most of the afternoon out in the yard, just laying around, and not really doing much of anything.

I was only mildly surprised that Sakura joined us for the picnic. She's joined us for walks on several occasions, but she's never walked with us as far as we went yesterday, and she's also never stayed with us if we stay still too long. But, she was with us the whole time.

When we were in the yard, Mam and I were stretched out on a blanket on the grass, and Chance came to lay with us. He did the rolling thing I was talking about the other day, and even my Mam said he was cute - bearing in mind, my Mam isn't Chance's number one fan, since she's not a big fan of Oriental cats.

We also gave Kero a shower since he was FILTHY. You should see him, he's all white, and cute, and fluffy! I took a photo but it's still on my camera.

I made my very first tuna, pasta bake yesterday. I've never made it by myself before, because, I always just got the microwavable ready-meal ones. But, my Mam wanted tuna, pasta bake and we didn't have a ready-meal one, so, I made one from scratch. Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

This morning, I woke up to pouring rain, chilly winds, and horrible, grey, cloud-filled skies. Yuck! Because of the horrible weather, I haven't really done much today. I've just spent the day checking blogs, doing laundry, and watching TV. I tried, a couple of times, to get Kero to go out for a walk, but he's having none of it! He says it's too wet to go out there. Can't say I blame him for that, and I can't say I mind him feeling that way, because if he doesn't want to go out, it means I don't have to go out there either. LOL!

There's this tabby cat that comes to visit us. I don't know who's cat he is (I think it's a 'he' anyway) and I don't know where he lives, but he's usually pretty hungry when he comes to see us. Of course, me being me, I started to give him some cat biscuits to eat when he comes to visit. And, Kelly being Kelly, he started to give him some too. I don't know what his name really is, but I call him "Tabby." For one thing, it fits because of him being a tabby cat, for another, it's a unisex name, so, if it turns out I'm wrong and he is actually a she, well, the name will still work. And, it's better than saying "that cat that comes to visit" every time we mention him. So, anyway, now when Tabby comes to visit we feed him and last night when he came to visit, he even let us - or, rather, he let Kelly - pet him! He's never allowed either of us to do that before!

Tori

4 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well it sounds like you had a great day with your " picnicking " and such , and with sukora bless her .

well thats nice " tabby " lets kelly pet him/her isnt it .
tried to send you video but it wont go , ok .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

Yes, I did have fun.

Ok (about the video)

Robyn said...

Aww, that sounds such a fun day! I like picnics. We had a day like that here too! A cat visits us too, but it rolls in the catnip we have growing in the garden. Sometimes it eats it, so its all squashed and nibbled.

Tori_Z said...

Cats love catnip, so, that doesn't surprise me.