Sunday, May 20, 2007

Puppy party

Kero and Willow - espcially Willow, because I think it was a bit too much for Kero some of the time - had a good time yesterday.

Kero and I walked through the park to meet Mam and Willow, and walked back through the park with them. It was a nice day, so, I took Kero's football with me, but only Willow wanted to play with it. Kero was much more interested in sniffing stuff than chasing after a ball.

Then we came back to my place, and the dogs played in the garden for a while. Willow tried to get Kero to play with the dog toys with her, but he didn't want to. He wanted to race around the garden, checking if anyone was on his territory, and didn't have time to play. But, he had no problem with Willow playing with his toys by herself.

When they came indoors, Willow decided to 'try' - and I do mean 'try' - and get in Chance's bed with him. Chance was NOT impressed! Especially since it's one of those radiator cat beds that can only hold about 15lbs or so, and since Chance is 9lbs, and Willow is DEFINITELY a lot more than that... well, you can guess what happened. Yep, it broke! Chance's very upset about that, so, I promised him I'd get him a new one. It was kind of funny seeing a great big dog like Willow trying to climb into a little bed like that though. LOL!

We - or, rather, I - gave them their special doggy meals just after they came inside, but there was a bit too much going on, so Kero didn't wnat his. I put his aside and gave it to him after Willow had gone, and he ate it no problem then. Enjoyed it too! He wasn't the least bit interested in his bit of birthday cake though. Chance ate some of Kero's bit, and the rest of Kero's bit went in the bin. But Willow says she LOVES this birthday party thing.

Willow made quite a few more unsuccessful attempts to get Kero to play with her, but he was having none of it. I think he was a bit confused about what was going on. Plus, it turned out to be quite a hot day.

When it was time for Mam and Willow to go home, Kero and I walked them back through the park for their bus. I sent Willow home with a "doggy bag." It had a couple of treats and stuff in it. There was; a packet of biscuits that the pet shop gave us two packs of, but Kero didn't like them, so I ended up throwing most of the other pack away, and a couple of rawhide bones.

Kero got two birthday cards yesterday. One was from Willow, and had a Bonio in it (much to Kero's delight) and the other was from his Mamgu and Dadci. For all who don't know, that's Welsh for 'Grandma and Grandpa.' So, that means it was from my Mam and Dad. Kero wont be getting his card and presents from us until Wednesday when it's his actual birthday. The same goes for the stuff from his Great-Grandma.

Tori

5 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well lets face it its far more fun " sniffing " to see who has passed isnt it .

willow seemed to be enjoying herself , and i love the photo of you and kero it really is a nice one can you send it to me in an e mail please .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

I'll send it to you as soon as I'm done checking the blogs, ok?

Liz said...

lovely picture of you and Kero with his birthday cake and a happy anniversary to you and your husband which I believe is imminent.

AliceKay said...

I agree...nice pic, Tori.

K Morris said...

This post made me smile Tori. Kevin