Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Lemony Snicket - The Wide Window

Ah, now that's much better! No, no! Not the book - each book in this series is as good as the last and it would - so far - be impossible for me to state that I prefer one book over another. No, what I meant by the statement "that's better" was that I read this book in what I consider to be a more acceptable amount of time. Since I have already told you that "each book in this series is as good as the last" I don't think I need to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed the book. After all, I told you I enjoyed the other two, and for all three to be as good as one another I would have to enjoy all three, wouldn't I?

2 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

glad you are enjoying your " books " and if they are anything like " the clan of the cave bears " then they must be good .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

They aren't as, "cheerful" as the "Earth's Children Series". Where as bad stuff happens to Ayla but things work out for her in the end, the children in this series aren't quite as lucky. I'm not saying that they aren't as good as the Earth's Children sereies, because they are just as good. However, they are, shall we say, different.

In most books - as Lemony Snicket himself mensions from time to time in his books - there is a happy endeing and a moral to the story and things work out in the end and everyone's all happy, etc, etc. But these books are the exception that that rule.

I do think you should read them though. They really are good, and Lemony Snicket's writing style is very unique.