Thursday, May 10, 2007

Weather, shopping, and movies

As I mentioned in the comments section of Tuesday's blog, I was extremely lucky with the weather on Tuesday. I managed to persuade Kero to go for a walk with me, and I was lucky enough to be able to time the walk just right so that we made it home before the rain returned. Then it POURED with rain, and I did get a bit wet waiting for the bus, but by the time I got to town the rain had stopped. I believe it was around 8:00 pm when it rained again. By which time I had given Kero his afternoon walk and neither Kero nor myself were planning on going anywhere anyway.

I wasn't as lucky yesterday (Wednesday) morning though, and ended up getting thoroughly SOAKED walking Kero. And, it's still all cold, wet, and miserable out there! Yuck! They said on the radio that by the end of May the sun will be back. We shall see though.

I'm now almost positive that my Mam's influence is rubbing off on me, because, despite the fact I did get a bit fed up of looking in the clothes shops after an hour or so, I did enjoy shopping. I never got as much as I did last week. This week, I just got a pair of sandals, since just because the sun's gone away right now, doesn't mean it wont come back, and sandals are on sale right now, so, now is a good time to buy them. And, of course, my tuna, sweetcorn, cheese and onion baguette, and a baguette for my Mam. And, of course, the food shopping. I also got a Westie cup and coaster set. In fact, the picture I posted today is the coaster from that set.

And today I have some new cupboards coming for our bedroom. These are the last things we need to finish our room. We've been in this place for almost two years now, and only now we are completing the task of buying all the furniture. Oops! Oh well, at least it's finally being done. We just have a few more items to buy (like a new tumble-dryer) and a few bits on order that I'm still waiting for (a sofa, and a table and chairs set).

Anyway, my Mam and Dad came down here yesterday afternoon to put up some new curtain poles for me. Wayne came with them, because, yesterday being Wednesday, Wayne had Kero for us while Kelly and I went to my parents' place. We only got two of the curtain poles up, because it took a lot longer than we had anticipated. So, they're coming back next week to do the other one, and to put up the bathroom cabinets that Mam and I are putting together on Monday.

I've been watching a few movies the past few days. I watched:
  • 102 Dalmatians
  • Stitch! The Movie
  • Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events
  • Fantastic Four
  • Ella Enchanted
  • The Perfect Man
  • Happy Feet
I've seen all but "The Perfect Man" and "Happy Feet" before. And, right now, I'm watching "Because Of Winn-Dixie."

Oh, and yesterday was my sister Elizabeth's birthday. So, a belated happy birthday to Elizabeth for yesterday.

Anyway, I'm going to let that do for now, and go get myself some breakfast.

Tori

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow, a lot of films! Did you watch them all at once? I couldn't sit still and watch a film longer that an hour and twenty minutes. Then I start to lose interest and get fidgety.

Tori_Z said...

No, I didn't watch them all at once. In fact, the only one I actually sat in front of the TV and watched while not doing anything, was "Happy Feet." See, the TV in our house is right near my PC, so, I can watch movies while I do stuff on the PC. And, I can see it from the kitchen, so, I can even watch it while I do dishes, sort laundry, and cook dinner. So, I watch a lot of movies but still get stuff done, and I don't have to sit still for hours on end.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

so who's a very clever girl then to do house work and watch films , lol .
i love the plate with kero on it .

and it sounds like your getting plenty of the wet stuff like we are here in devon .

grandma x