Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sofa & Sky

OK, firstly, if you want to read about Kero's party, scroll to the next post, because I did it in a separate post to this one.

Secondly, remember I said I got "us" a new sofa? Well, I would like to correct myself, because it would appear I actually got the cats a new sofa. On more than one occasion, one of the cats has nudged me until I ended up off the sofa, then promptly curlded up and gone to sleep where I was sat! Hm... I wonder who's house this is, anyway?

Even poor Kero's been shoved off the sofa by the cats!

I have to admit though, this photo of Chance on the sofa is beautiful!

Anyway...

I phoned the people from Sky yesterday morning, and they are coming to fix the Sky for me on Monday. It's going to cost me £65, which they will be adding to my bill in June. Admittedly that includes replacing anything that needs replacing when they come out, and it includes 90 days of cover on everything too, but that's not the point. I'm still annoyed that I have to be the one to pay when it happened because someone can't be bothered to teach their kids right from wrong. Yeah, I know who did it. There's a ten year old who lives near us, and he's ALWAYS destroying stuff, throwing stones, etc. The police have been to his place so many times I've lost count! But it doesn't matter how many times the police come, because his mother is rarely home, let alone doing anything about it.

But, getting annoyed isn't going to achieve anything, so... moving on!

I made the woman I spoke to from Sky laugh a few times when I was on the phone with her. The first thing she said when I told her my Sky didn't work, was to try unplugging it to reset the box. So, I told her that, "That wont work. The wire from the dish to the box needs to be connected, and since my wire is, once again, outside, I'm guessing they aren't connected." So, she laughed, and asked what happened. I told her, and she said the soonest she can get someone out is Monday. I said that was fine, and she asked, "Between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm, or, between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm?" To which I said, "Oh! The 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm one, please... I don't like getting up early if I have a choice!" Which made her laugh again..

OK, Chance is trying to point out to me that it's almost time for his food, so, I better go feed him and the others before Chance knocks my monitor off my desk or something!

For anyone who doesn't know Chance's behaviour well enough to tell... Chance is feeling much better now. LOL!

Tori

6 comments:

Robyn said...

We have people like that in our neighbourhood and I feel the same way. Its kind of sad that their mum just chucks them out to go and play to get them out of their sight.

Tori_Z said...

Yeah, it is.

Unfortunately, far too many people do that. They're all over the kids when they're little babies. As soon as they get bigger though, it's, "Get out of my sight," and all that.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

re who's house is it , i think its the " cats house " dont you ,lol and chance really looks like he is taking the settee over , oh yeh and nice settee by the way .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

That's what I thought you'd say, Grandma. LOL

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

so your a mind reader now as well then tori , lol .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

Nah, I just know you well enough to know what you will say. Sometimes anyway, lol!