Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sunny start to Summer

Blessed Beltane to one and all.

Yes, today is officially the first day of Summer! And what perfect weather we have had for such a day! The sun is shining and the sky is blue and cloud-free. Or, rather, it was before the sun set and it got dark. It's been lovely and warm too. In fact, it's still quite warm now, despite the fact it's about 10:40 pm.

I spent most of the day in town. I brought:

  • 2 pairs of shorts (for myself)
  • 1 t-shirt (for myself)
  • A skirt and top set (for my Mam)
  • 2 dog blankets (one for Kero for his birthday, the other to give to Willow when I go up to my parents' place next week)
  • 2 dog treats (again, one for Willow and one for Kero)
  • 4 birthday cards (one each for Kelly, Elizabeth, Rachel and Kero)
  • 2 bags of chocolate raisins (one each for Mam and I)
  • 2 baguettes (one each for Mam and I - mine was tuna, sweetcorn, cheese and onion, and Mam's was cheese and pineapple)
  • A bottle of flavoured water (for myself)
  • A pack of dish cloths (since the ones we have are old and tatty looking)
And, of course, the food and such that we - and the animals - needed for this week. Needless to say, we got a cab home rather than taking the bus. LOL!

I actually enjoyed shopping today for some reason. I'm actually a bit surprised about that because I usually hate shopping. Maybe my Mam's attempts to get me to enjoy shopping with her are finally working? Man, I hope not! LOL!

This is going to sound weird, but I hate May, and yet, I love it!

I love it, because, when May comes around I know Summer's coming, and nice weather is more likely, which means that long walks with Kero - like the nice, long walk Kero and I had after I got back from town this afternoon - are more likely to be possible.

But, at the same time, I hate May because so many people have birthdays and such this month. I swear everyone picked May to have their children or to get married on purpose. LOL!

Oh, and guess what? I'm about to start reading chapter 12 of my book.

OK, well, I think that's it from me for today.

Tori

2 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well that was some " shopping list " and " what did you get me " nothing i here you say , ok then i will " sulk " lol .
and i agree with you about " may birthdays and such " lol .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

What did I get you? The satisfaction of knowing that your daughter and grandaughter had a great day. Is that good enough? LOL!