Monday, June 30, 2008

Eye appointment

As you all know, today was my appointment to do with my eye op. I'm going to do just a short post about it though because I'm really tired and wanting an early night.

Anyway...

Saw a doctor I've seen on and off since I was in hospital the first time to do with my eye (apparently I was a week old) and he checked to see if what the other doctor had said about how little I can now see was right. Then he asked if I was still sure if I wanted the op or had changed my mind. I told him I still wanted it, so he made sure I knew what was involved.

After that he sent for the surgeon who'll be doing the op. He had a good look at my eye and agreed that he was happy to do the op. He went through all the stuff I needed to know to make sure I knew it all (I did, but he still had to say it all).

To cut a long story short. They're doing the same thing they did when they removed my other eye. The only thing is, he can't give an actual date at the moment. It wont be until after Carl and Rachel's wedding, but shouldn't be too long after that. All he could tell us about the time involved is that he'd make it a priority (because of the pain) and it would be several weeks "but not months."

If you want to know more then ask in the comments of this post and I'll do my best to answer.

Tori

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

* Give you a hug and some "patience pills" *

Yes, I see easily understand why that sort of day would leave you tired out.

Hope tomorrow you feel a bit more chipper.

LadyStyx said...

*HUGZ* Days like that are extremely exhausting. Gotta love the "hurry up and wait" mentality of the medical personale.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

glad the appointment went ok, but sorry that it wont be untill after the wedding, but all the best love for when it happens nan xxx

Tori_z said...

To be honest part of me is glad it's not happening until after the wedding. I mean, I'd LOVE for it to be over with, but the wedding is getting too close now for me to have the op and still have time to be well enough to make it to the wedding. At least this way I know I wont miss my brother getting married.

It's just a shame that in the meantime I've still gotta put up with the pain. :(

AliceKay said...

Sorry to hear you have to deal with all that pain a while longer. Hopefully things will go smoothly once they give you a surgery date.

Thanks for the Connie Talbot songs. I just listened to them. She has such a sweet, innocent voice. *hugs*

Tori_z said...

AK:
You're welcome. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

(((Tori))))no wonder your knackered, pain is draining in itself without a stressful day......

You need to do what is best for YOU..... you know what you can and cant cope with.... you know you are always in me thoughts.....

x

KAYLEE said...

AWWWWWWWWW

Liz said...

Sorry to hear you have to wait Tori your nan has been keeping me up to date I hope you enjoy the wedding and that it all runs smoothly for you, and I hope you get sorted out soon as far as your op is concerned.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Thanks for the patience pills. *Winks*

It wasn't just to do with the appointment, I ended up with quite a busy day, and I've hardly been sleeping lately.

LadyStyx:
Yeah, no kidding! All I can say is... "If this is making me a priority, I'd hate to think how long it would take if there was no rush!"

Grandma:
Thanks! :)

AK:
I hope so too.

Toasty:
Well, if it was up to me I'd have had the op already (or, at the very least be having it this week). Then the op would be out of the way but I'd still be able to go to the wedding. Thing is I've got to wait for the doctors to be ready to do it and apparently they're "very busy this time of year" *Sigh* So I guess I've just gotta cope with it as best I can until they are ready to do the op.

And thanks, btw. :)

Kaylee:
Thanks... How're you feeling?

Auntie Lizzie:
Thanks. I hope so too.