Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Paint, dogs and ice-cream

I'm sure there was something spacific I wanted to blog about. But, I've been sat here for a while now, and I'm having no luck remembering what it was. So, instead, I'll post about my day.

Not that there's much to say, because I haven't really done much today.

Kelly started painting the sheds, and Kero thought he would "help" so now Kero has paint on his paw. We washed it off as best as we could (the rest'll come off when the groomer baths him on Thursday). I was actually trying to get a nap in when it happened. But, Kelly told me about it. Kero went out to Kelly, and stood there watching him for a bit. Then, Kero put his paw on the wall, pawed at the wall a bit, and - obviously deciding it wasn't as fun as it looked - shook his paw (probably to get the paint off, since he'd pawed at a bit Kelly'd painted already) then he walked off. After that he wasn't interested in what "Dadi" was doing. LOL!

Kero, Kelly and I sat out the front for over an hour this evening, waiting for the ice-cream man. And, guess what? He never showed up! All these cold, wet, miserable days when he's showed up, and we haven't wanted one. Then, on a beautiful, warm, sunny evening - the kind of evening when you'd kill for an ice-cream, if you know what I mean - he doesn't show up! He usually comes around twice a day. Once around lunch time (well, between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm... Usually closer to the 11:00 am mark). Then after dinner (between about 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm). I know that's a pretty wide window, but he stops only a few houses away, so we hear him easily, and I listened for him from 5:00 pm, so I know I didn't miss him. So, I ended up with no ice-cream. :(

Daisy came out to wait with us. Not sure if she knew what we were waiting for, but she sat with us anyway. LOL! The neighbours had to actually come and get her when they wanted her to come in. Mind you, I think Kero'd have been the same if it was them out there, and us wanting him in. LOL!

The two dogs were as good as gold, and nice and quiet. Well, apart from when the guy who lives next door came home, and both Kero and Daisy barked at him. We tried to tell them that he's allowed to walk in to his own home. But they barked at him anyway. Neither dog made a move to go towards him mind. They just stood up (they'd been laying near where Kelly and I were sat) and barked. Perhaps they were telling him to keep away from us?

Anyway...

That's all I've got to say today.

Tori

7 comments:

KAYLEE said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh that sucks. hope you get you icecream when you want iyt next time :)

AliceKay said...

I hope you're able to get ice cream the next time you want it, too.

Intense Guy said...

*gives Tori four servings of ice cream, one for each of you!*

I haven't seen an ice cream truck in years. I know they still have some around in these parts but not in the numbers that there used to be.

Tori_z said...

We did get our ice-creams today. :)

Thanks Iggy. :)

There aren't as many ice-cream trucks around here either. There used to be about three different ones that would come at different points throughout the afternoon and evening. Now it's just the one guy.

Intense Guy said...

*sits and listens to Harry Potter eating his ice cream with Kero who's ears keep twitching because Harry is around but not visible. Kero likes his ice cream as do Tori and Kelly*

Glad I got four servings!

Tori_z said...

LOL @ Iggy :)

LadyStyx said...

Daisy and Kero are just welcoming the neighbor home. :)

Ooohh icecream. Havent seen one of those trucks in years.