Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday evening's nonsensical dribble

The neighbours from upstairs made a start on sorting out the front garden a few days ago. We wondered why they never did more than about half of it. But, we found out why today. The people upstairs are a mother with a teenage daughter (and, of course, Daisy the dog) and it's the mother's father who usually comes and does the yard for them. Anyway, he's about 70 years old, so only got about half way through the job before he was too tired to carry on. The next dry day when he's not too busy (or too tired) he's planning on finishing the job. So, hopefully the front garden will be looking nice and tidy very soon. :)

And, hopefully, it shouldn't be much longer before we get the back garden sorted too. :)

We've almost finished sorting inside. We've had to stop at the moment though, because my braille labeler got broken (don't ask). So, until I can get a new one we can't finish sorting the movies and CDs. And, until they're sorted, there are a few things we can't get to sort out. It shouldn't take long to get the new labeler though. I'm ordering it on Monday, so I should have it in a week or so (unless they're out of stock, in which case it could take longer).

We're aiming to make sure that all the work (both inside and out) that's our responsibility is done before my Mam starts her cooking course in September. We think that's a realistic goal.

Watched some more "Full House" yesterday. I only have one more disk and I've finished Season seven. There are only eight seasons, so I only have one more set of disks to buy and I have the lot on DVD... Yay! Then I can watch them any time I want! :)

My Mam is spending the weekend with me. Well, actually it's only Saturday that it's just the two of us (well, and Kero) because on Sunday everyone's coming here for dinner again - like last week - and Mam's cooking for us all.

Anyway... I think that'll do for today.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

5 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Ok, I wont ask...just know that since you made the comment...inquiring minds are really gonna wanna know anyhow....

I used to love watching Full House. It was one of my favorite shows back then. I also used to watch Perfect Strangers and Simon n Simon. Never missed them...unless I had to work then you can be sure I recorded them for later!

Tori_z said...

LadyStyx:
Well... I'm not 100% certain how it got broken. It could have been the fact I dropped it a couple of times (not intentionally, it was put on top of stuff a few times during the move and I didn't know, so knocked it off). Or, it could have been the fact a bit of the labeling tape stuff got stuck in it and I couldn't get it out, so I stuck my pen-knife in there to try and get it out (I did get it out, but I think I caused some damage in the meantime). Or, it could have been that they aren't made to be used as much as I've been having to use it. Or it could be a combination of those things.

AliceKay said...

Yep, sounds like it could be a combination of any number of things. Hope your new one comes soon so you can get your stuff all sorted out.

Intense Guy said...

But no one is going to ask how it got broken though... Nope, not one of is asking although we all really, really wanted to know... nosiree... and durn... she goes and gives us an answer spoiling the suspense :)

Hope the new one comes soon. :)

Tori_z said...

AK:
I hope it comes soon too. Then I can get on with labeling these movies and CDs.

Iggy:
Awww! I'm sorry. I didn't realise I was meant to leave you waiting and wondering. LOL!