Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not much going on, but...

It's been a few days since I did a "proper" post. So, I thought it was probably about time I did one. I'm sure anyone who reads my blog for the purpose of wanting to know what other people spend their days doing will be longing to know what I've been up to. Well, sorry to disappoint those people, but I haven't been up to much.



I ordered a few things from "Future Aids - The Braille Superstore" a couple of weeks back, and one of the parcels have arrived. Not the one my Mam wants to hurry up though. The one my Mam wants to hurry up contains a couple of games she's dying to play with me. This one was a different parcel. In it was a braille book called "Flat Stanley" by Jeff Brown. I've got one of the other books in the set ("Stanley's Christmas Adventure") and wanted this one.



Carl and I were also curious about whether there was a difference in braille in America and Canada to braille in the UK. We know - for example - that there are different contractions used for Welsh, French and German braille (neither of us know the Welsh, but Carl knows most of the French and German ones). Anyway, I decided the best way to find out was to buy a book and compare the braille (since nobody seemed to know for sure). It turns out there's no difference. None that I've been able to detect with what I've read of the book so far (I think I'm about 1/4 of the way through the book). Obviously some things are spelled differently (like in print) but the contractions are the same and that's what matters.



OK, how many of you actually understood that? If you didn't and would like to, feel free to ask. :)



Anyway...



I'm afraid that's pretty much it for things that have been going on here. I've just been messing about online looking for interesting stuff for future blog posts, and playing "Egg Hunt" (got my score up to 10 now, lol), playing with Kero, and that's about it. I've got a few movies coming though, so I should have some movie reviews for you soon. :)



Kelly's been doing more. He even did a couple of blog posts over the last couple of days, which is quite rare for him. LOL! So, if you want something more interesting than this post to read, and you've got some free time on your hands, you could always pop over to his blog and take a look. :)



Hope everyone who's not well, or is just feeling a bit out of sorts, is feeling better soon. :)



Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)



Tori

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Where can I download this Egg Hunt game? :)

Sounds like a nice quiet day - we all need them once and a while.

I read about Kelly painting the insides of "his" shed and how he wanted to fix it up with a radio, lights, and a cooler too!

Sounds like the whole flat will be yours to share with Kero (and the guest in the cupboard).

LadyStyx said...

LOL ...dittos iggy.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

i have never heard of the " egg game" what is it tori???.

and i agree " intense guy" as to that you and kero and the "guest-in-the-cuboard" will soon have the flat to yourself :).

" but" i also know that you would like to see " kelly" now and again,lol.

Tori_z said...

You can download Egg Hunt from www.l-works.net - just go to their "free games" section.

But, Iggy... I don't know how well you'd be able to play it, because it's all sound based, and I don't think there's anything on the screen (apart from a blob or something to show your possition on the screen).

The idea is that you find eggs by wandering around the screen until you hear a beeping noise... The higher the beep, the closer you are to the egg.

Still, you could have a go, if you want. :)