Friday, June 27, 2008

Rainy Friday

It's a cold, wet and miserable Friday. One of those gloomy days where the constant wind and rain makes everything seem boring, and not even Kero wants out. Not much is happening to make it more interesting either.

I did watch one of the DVDs I got a while back and never got around to watching. It's an animated kids' movie called "Babar: King Of The Elephants" and I thought I'd watch it to liven up my day a bit. Not sure if you're familiar with Babar. He's an elephant who ran away from the jungle and ended up in the city after his mother got shot. Then he goes back to find his elephant friends with a dream of making an elephant city for them all to live in. The movie was his story. There's an animated TV series that goes along with it and I watched one of the DVDs from that too. I've always liked Babar. Not sure why. I used to watch it when I was a kid and it's one of the sets I got to watch on days like today when I feel like taking a trip back to childhood for a while. LOL!

I also listened to a couple of the CDs Mam and I burned on Sunday morning. They sound pretty good if I do say so myself. :)

And - speaking of CDs - the release date got put back a bit on Connie Talbot's new version of her album. It's OK though... It was only put back by a week and my copy is now on its way to me (it should be here on Monday, which is the new release date). I doubt I'll get to listen to it until Tuesday though because the postman/woman (sometimes it's a man, other times it's a woman) rarely shows up before noon and my eye appointment is Monday afternoon.

I'm half looking forward to the appointment, half not. More than anything I think I'm looking forward to it being over with and "hopefully" having some idea when I can have this op. As I've mentioned before, I'm hoping it can be over and done with before Carl and Rachel's wedding. Will have to wait and see what the doctor says though, I suppose.

I think that covers everything worth talking about today. LOL!

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

11 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I get Babar here every evening - I watch on occassion. I enjoy the "royal court" and "court room" shennanegans. :)

I enjoy Pompadour and Cornelius.

Kati said...

I've never really been a fan of either Babar or Curious George. The characters just didn't appeal to me as a kiddo, and I've not been any more attracted to the stories as an adult. *smile* But, I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling rather uncomfortable with the appointment coming up. I hope you find peace in the decision you've made, and that you can have a calm, peaceful weekend, and go into that appointment next week knowing that you're doing what's right for you.

Best Wishes for a Happy Weekend, Tori!

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Yeah, they're really funny... LOL!

First piece of writing I entered in to a compatition was written under the name of Babar's youngest (Isabel). Won me a 3rd place medal too. :)

Kati:
Thanks. I know I'm making the right decision. It's just kinda scary is all.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

sounds a very interesting little film, but i have never seen it.

i can just imagine how you are feeling love reagrding the appointment on monday, i just pray that they can do it before the wedding,my heart goe's out to you love, :) xxx

Tori_z said...

Thanks Grandma.

Celticspirit said...

Nice Blog! Thanks for coming to visit mine. :) I love Babar. It's on every weekday here. I enjoyed reading the books to my kids when they were little also. Have a good evening.

Tori_z said...

Celticspirit:
Thanks for coming and taking a look at my blog too. Glad you like it. :)

AliceKay said...

I went searching for that one song by Connie Talbot....thought I had it, but then the file had a virus in it. :\ I have her other cd. (thanks to you) Looking forward to a few more songs from her. She has a gift. *hugs*

Tori_z said...

AK:
Well, my copy of the CD should arrive Monday so I'll see about sending the songs to you Tuesday if it does. :)

Yes, she really does have a gift!

Kati said...

I understand, Tori. When I had surgery 2 years ago to have my tubes tied, I felt the confliction that I KNEW I was making the right choice, and yet the thought of the surgery and the post-op pain was enough to give me a little hesitation when going in for the meeting with the surgeon, the pre-op, and the operation itself. Mine was, admittedly, a little more of an option than yours is. I had complete say over whether or not I had the tubal ligation done. (Though, finding out a bit later -in post-op- that having it done at that point saved me from having a more drastic emergency surgery later was a bit of a shock.) But even knowing that the choice is ours, and that we're doing what's best for us, isn't always enough to stop some of those nagging doubts and the fear of pain and change that comes with making such a major choice.

I'm still praying you find peace. (((((HUGS)))))

Tori_z said...

Thanks Kati. *hugs*