Sunday, June 08, 2008

Gardens, neighbours and weather

Mam didn't manage to get the lawns finished yesterday (Saturday). She did do a little more this morning, but still didn't get them finished. She's hoping the weather stays nice so she can finish them on Wednesday. They are mostly done, just not quite.

Our neighbours from upstairs raked up the grass from Mam cutting the lawns this afternoon. They wouldn't let Mam do that as well as cutting the lawns. They said it wasn't fair that she did all the work. I thought that was really nice that they felt that way.

Nan, Mam, Dad, Wayne and Willow had dinner with us again this week. Mam did a sort of shepherds' pie type thing (recipe's already on our recipe page). It was really good. There's some left over, so Kelly and I are having it for tomorrow's dinner. That'll save us cooking tomorrow. :)

I had a really bad night last night, so I "tried" to have a nap after Mam, Dad, Nan, Wayne and Willow went home. It didn't work too well though. I ended up getting back up and sitting on our front door step talking to the neighbours.

We (Kelly, Kero and I) only really went out to say, "hi," when we noticed they were out there raking up the grass. But, it turned out we ended up staying out there talking with them for a good hour or more. LOL!

It was nice to be outside in the sunshine. I paid for it all the rest of the afternoon and in to the evening though. My eye's been VERY painful, and if I'm out in the sun too long, I get a sort of "heat rash" wherever the sun's touched and all over my back. That one was easier to sort out though. A cold bath and I was fine. I only wish my eye could be soothed as easily. *Sigh* Oh, well. Hopefully I'll be having that op very soon, then it wont hurt any more.

Today was VERY hot, and we (Kelly, the neighbours and I) were wishing we had a swimming pool so we could cool off in it. People keep saying the warm weather isn't going to last much longer (which wouldn't surprise me in this country) so we were making the most of being able to be out in it. Like I said though, we were wishing we had a pool. And, I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been in pain. Still, it was a beautiful day.

Daisy and Kero were quite happy to play together and wander from person to person getting petted. We did feel sorry for them with all that fur though. Especially Daisy, because she's black (well, it's called "roan" her colouring, but it basically means black).

Anyway...

I think that covers just about everything for today.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

It was so nice the neighbors pitched in like that.

*nods* got the hot weather here too. 98 degrees plus a heat index on top of it all so it felt like it was more like 105-110 outside. *bleah*

Im prone to heat rash and sun poisoning, so I know exactly where you're coming from.

AliceKay said...

I hope the pain in your eye let up some so you could get some sleep tonight. *hugs*

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori it really looks like you got nice nieghbours lovce.

sorry you paid for the being outside later on though, but lets hope the op wont be to long now.

its good to hear " kero and daisy " are getting on to.:).

Tori_z said...

LadyStyx:
Not sure what the temp was yesterday. I think it was at least close to 30 C (about 90F) but not 100% certain. Never thought to check. There wasn't a breeze though, so it felt hotter.

AK:
The pain eased off about 4:00 am this morning, so I got some sleep (like between 4:30 am and 9:00 am). I'm not getting much sleep any night at the moment. Between the pain in my eye anyway and the hot weather, I don't stand a chance of more than a couple of hours sleep (and that's not solid sleep either).

Grandma:
Yes, they do seem like very nice neighbours. Definately nicer than the ones we used to have.

Intense Guy said...

If its that hot just think about how stuffy poor Harry Potter's cupboard must be - if you haven't heard Kero barking lately, you might want to crack the cupboard door and see if he is alright.

*hugs*

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
It's OK. I checked on Harry a little while ago... Had to see if he wanted any lunch. :)