Friday, June 13, 2008

Groomers, nurses, giraffes and memes

Yesterday (Thursday) Kero had his grooming appointment. I know I usually post a pic for you after it, but I never had a chance to get Kelly to take one. All he had done was a bit of a trim (and a bath) anyway. He's going back in September. I think it's the 4th or the 9th - or something like that - but I can't remember right now. The groomer gave us the bit of paper when she brought Kero back, and we put it up where we put other appointments. The thing is, we were getting ready to go to our nurse's appointments, so I never paid much attention to it. And, Kelly's busy right now, so probably wouldn't appreciate me asking him to go check just so I can post it here.

Our nurse's appointments went well.

With how the nurse changed my inhalers, I'm down to only needing one of them regularly, and having the other only when "needed" (which hasn't been much). So, she's really pleased she was able to cut down the amount I needed my inhalers. So am I, to be honest. LOL!

As for Kelly... After doing the peak-flow diary for the nurse, she agreed with what I've been saying all along. He doesn't have asthma, he's just prone to regular chest infections. So, she took away the inhaler (which wasn't helping any anyway) and has told him to just have some medicine if he isn't feeling well. And, if that doesn't help, to get in to see a doctor. So, that was good too. Admitedly it's not good that he's prone to chest infections. But, at least he doesn't have asthma, so doesn't need an inhaler on hand 24/7.

Anyway...

Wayne had Kero for us while we went to the nurse. Then he stayed for dinner, and over night.

He (Wayne) is watching my Full House DVDs, but is a few season behind me on them. So, he finished watching season 3 while we were with the nurse. After that he wanted to watch "Alvin And The Chipmunks" so I watched it with him. Yeah, I know I only watched it a couple of weeks ago. But, it's a good movie (despite what my Dad thinks).

Wayne went home this morning. He walked up town to get the bus home when Kelly was walking up town to go to the market for the veg for this week. My Mam and Dad were probably hoping we'd keep him a bit longer though. LOL!

And, - speaking of my Dad - today is his birthday. We gave him his card (and a bit of money) on Wednesday when he was here though, because we didn't plan on seeing him today. Although, I did phone him this morning to say, "happy birthday" to him. And, of course, I'm saying happy birthday to him on here too... "Happy birthday, Dad!" :)

Anyway...

This morning I listened to "The Giraffe And The Pelli And Me" by Roald Dahl (the last story in the box set I mentioned before). This one's about a ladderless window-cleaning company that consists of a giraffe, a pellican and a monkey, and a little boy named "Billy" who they meet after buying "The Grubber House" near where he lives. It's a silly - but cute - story.

Then, this afternoon, I watched the rest of season 7 of Full House.

That's pretty much all I've done today though.

______

Kati had these memes on her blog, and I thought I'd do them too.

If you want to do them on your blog too, then go ahead, I'm not passing them on to spacific people though. You either do them, or you don't. I'm not bothered either way. It'd be nice if you could let me know if you're going to do them though, so I know to come look for them on your blog.

Anyway...

The first is "What wont you give up?"

What wont I give up?

1. My family. They may be a pain at times, but their my family. And, family is very important. I couldn't and wouldn't give them up. This includes my dog, Kero.

2. My white cane. It might seem like an odd thing not to want to give up, and it does seem weird me including it when just last year I was still refusing to admit I needed it. But, my cane is my freedom. Without it I'm stuck at home or atatched to someone's arm. With it I can go out on my own, or - at least - walk along the street without holding someone's arm.

3. My books. I couldn't cope with nothing to read ever. Even if I was stuck with just having to keep one favourite, or something. I'd have to have at least one book.

4. Something to write with. I don't care if it's the brailler and some paper, the braille slate and some paper, or my laptop. I "need" something to write with. Writing is my way of coping with things. I could cope with almost any situation if I could at least have a way to vent my feelings through my writing.

Everything else I would - if absolutely necessary - be willing to at least consider giving up. Obviously I "need" at least a certain amount of food and drink. And, clothes on my back (even if they've seen better days) and a roof over my head would also be something I would rather not be without. But, since everyone needs those things, I didn't see the point in adding them to the list.

______

The other one is "The Two By Two Meme"

Two things you are wearing right now: PJs and a robe (well, it's late and kinda chilly, lol)

Two of your favourite things: Writing and reading

Two things you want very badly at the moment: To get that eye op out of the way, and to be a Mami

Two favourite pets you have, or had: One of them is my dog, Kero (who I have right now) and the other one... This one's hard... I think I'm going to have to go with my Oriental cat, Chance (who died at the end of last year).

Two people you hope will fill this out: I'm not sending it to anyone so can't really answer this one. Whoever wants to fill it out can do so.

Two things you did last night: Watched TV and trimmed excess wax off of some of my big candles, which I then bagged up to melt later to make more candles with.

Two things you ate last night: Sausages and potatoes

Two people you last talked to: Kelly and my Mam

Two things you are doing tomorrow: Laundry and... Well, I don't really have anything else planned.

Two of farthest trips taken in last five years: Alberta, Canada and Norwich, England.

Two favourite holidays: Samhain/Halloween and Guy Fawlks Night (AKA "bombfire night")

Two favourite beverages: Tea and dandelion and burdock pop/soda

______

OK, I think that about covers it for today. LOL!

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

5 comments:

LadyStyx said...

So glad your appointments went well.

Happy Birthday Tori's Dad!!

theteacher said...

I like games like that. I had a four facts one that went around at work.

Tori_z said...

LadyStyx:
Thanks... I'm sure my Dad says thanks too. :)

Rachel:
I bet that was fun to do.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori i wish i had read your blog before i did my blog, as that game sounds great fun and yes when i do another blog i will certainly do the game.

glad you got sorted out with the nurse and that kelly dont have to do the pumps any more :) .

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
Well, at least you'll know you've got something you can post about tomorrow, even if you don't do much. :)