Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Injustice, gardens (again) and fish

Mam brought her mower down and got the front garden finished up. She did do some of the back garden too, but - between the fact she got tired, and the fact it started to rain - she wasn't able to get it finished. Never mind, she's down here enough to get it done soon enough.

Our neighbours were VERY pleased with the work she's done on the front garden. They must have said "thank you" a million times. Mam doesn't mind doing it though. I mean - apart from anything else - we benifit from the garden looking nice too. Besides, we're happy to lend a hand to people like them who seem to appreciate it.

Mam made a fish pie for dinner today. We were a bit worried that I wouldn't like it, because I'm not a big fish fan. But, it was nice. Not something I'd want to eat on a regular basis. But something that would be nice every once in a while.

Mam used two different kinds of fish in it. One kind (Cod) we were pretty sure I'd eat, because I do eat fish fingers (though, only every once in a while). The other kind (white Haddock) we were a bit worried I wouldn't like, because when I tried yellow Haddock I didn't like it. My only issues with the fish were the fact that they - especially the Haddock - were quite dry. Once they were mixed in with all the other fish pie ingredients though, they were kinda nice. Like I said though... Not something I'd want to have too regularly. I'd still rather a bit of meat to a bit of fish.

Kelly finally - with my Dad's help - got the desk I got him for his shed put together. He seems really pleased with how his shed is coming together. I think he's liking having a little space that's just for him.

I teasingly asked him yesterday where my place that's just for me is. And, after some consideration, he told me that I could have Harry's cupboard if I wanted to. Hmm... So, he gets a shed, and I get shoved under the stairs with Harry Potter? That doesn't seem fair! Besides, if I have Harry's cupboard, where's Harry going to go? I pointed this out to Kelly, so he suggested I have the crawl space in our bedroom then. I dunno! First he shoves me under the stairs with Harry, the hoover, and the shoes and coats. Then he wants to shove me in the crawl space with the Christmas decorations? Talk about injustice! If those are my choices, I'd rather not have my own little space! LOL! And, anyway, if he's out in his shed, I can just claim the whole flat! *Evil laugh*

I think that covers just about everything for today.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

11 comments:

LadyStyx said...

There ya go. The whole flat's yours. Pretty much how I see things here. *gigglez*

AliceKay said...

LOL....I'm with Styxie on that one.

KAYLEE said...

LOL me too! Heheh glad you liked dinner and i am doing so well :(

Intense Guy said...

Maybe Harry could cast a spell like "cupboardi enlargeum" and give you and the hoover lots of space?

Kati said...

Yep, I think it's fair that if Kelly has the whole shed to himself, then you get the flat. *grin*

Glad that your Mom's able to get the gardens into such fabulous shape!

Intense Guy said...

I was thinking (ut oh) that maybe Harry Potter ought to be helping out with the yard. When the mower didn't start, he could cast a "Cantankerous-Beast-Run-Now-or-else-your-scrap-pie" spell.

But if you could do that sort of thing, why not just go right to the heart of things and cast a "Grass-self-shorten-self Weeds-be-gone-us" spell?

Hmm... Only thing preventing this I guess would be the child labor laws.

Tori_z said...

Glad you all agree that I get the flat. :)

Kaylee:
I'm glad you're doing well. :)

Kati:
I'm glad we're getting the garden sorted too. Can't wait for it to be done though. lol!

Iggy:
The neighbours don't know about Harry, and I think they'd get a bit suspicious if he started doing too much magic. They're a bunch of Muggles, the lot of them! (Well, to our knowledge *wink*)

Karen said...

Tori honey I thought you would love to share harry's cupboard with him :) Think you would be the envy of quite a lot of people lol!
But then I do agree the husband gets the shed and you the house... sounds really cool. Shame I never thought of that years ago!!!

Tori_z said...

Mam:
LOL! Yeah, I think it's too late for you now. :)

As for sharing Harry's cupboard... Yeah, it could be fun. But, I wouldn't want Kelly to know I'd like the idea. LOL!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori i have had a good laugh at your blog today, and like the others i also say " flat is yours & yours & yours " when kelly is in his "shed"lol.


sounds like your mam has been very busy getting the garden sorted" well done karen " :).

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
Thanks. And, yes, she has.