Saturday, June 07, 2008

Gardens and recipes

Today (Saturday) is my Grandma's birthday. I phoned her this morning to wish her a happy birthday, but I thought I'd post a happy birthday on here for her to. So... "Happy birthday Grandma!"

Anyway...

As I mentioned yesterday, my Mam is with me this weekend. And we've been quite busy today. Mam started mowing the lawn, but the mower doesn't seem to be working. So, I sent her in to town to buy a strimmer (we figured that since the grass is so long it'd be easier to use). Anyway, she got it alright, but it turned out the battery needs several hours to charge so it can get anything much done. With what we've gotten done today we "would have" had our lawn done. But, we offered to do the front lawn for our neighbours (this was before we knew the mower wasn't working properly) so we don't actually have either lawn finished. The strimmer's charging again, and Mam's going to see how much more she can get done tonight. She's hoping any she can't finish tonight can be done in the morning.

During the gaps in the lawn mowing, Mam helped me get some recipes up on the recipe page. The warm salad thing we had on Wednesday is up there. So are tomorrow's dinner (pretty much a shepherd's pie, just with a bit more veg in it) and the dinner Mam's trying us with on Wednesday (fish pie). I also posted the bread recipe my Mam usually uses, and my Mam's mushroom and tomato sauce recipe. So, feel free to go take a look at those, if you want to.

Anyway...

My Mam brought me a pressie today. It's a new DAB Digital Radio. We've put it in the kitchen so we can listen to it while we're doing stuff out there (i.e. cooking, washing dishes, doing laundry, etc). I've been wanting one for a while now, but never got around to buying one. So, thanks Mam. :)

OK, well, I think that pretty much covers everything for today.

Enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Tori

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

Happy Birthday, Tori's Grandma. Best wishes for many more.

Sounds like your Mam keeps pretty busy. Does she hire out? LOL

Karen said...

no she wouldn't have time to be hired out lol

AliceKay said...

LOL

LadyStyx said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tori's Gramma!!!

Well dang...I was gonna hire her out too....*pouts* Ah well!

Intense Guy said...

I think I'll put myself up for hire - but only in the UK where the weather is a bit cooler :)

I can run a strimmer - with a few hundred hours of practice I might even get half decent with one. :)

*hugs*

Tori_z said...

AK & LadyStyx:
If you made her a good enough offer you may be able to convince her to let you hire her out. LOL!

___

LOL @ Iggy :)

Intense Guy said...

Tori - forgive me for asking, but what does the JAWS screen reading program sound like? do have control over the voice it uses? I was thinking that I would love to sound like John Forsythe or James Earl Jones (but probably sound like some young welsh girl) LOL

I know when I read other people's blogs, I mentally hear their voices if I know what they sound like - and for a number of them, I do... this is just an idle thing that popped into my head the other day....

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
I do have control over the voices - to a certain extent - but I leave it on the general voice because it's the easiest to understand. It's a clear, male voice. Not sure how to describe it.

They do have female voices too, but the male voices are clearer. Can't have a Welsh accent on it though. There is a British accent (and a few other accents) but I find the British one too snobby and stuck-up. So, I have it on the "American English" language setting. The guy sounds nicer. LOL!

Hope that answers your question. :)