When I did the Mabon post a couple of weeks ago, Iggy asked me what I have achieved and learned this past year, and what I plan for the future. This post is to answer his question.
What I have learned and achieved:
* I have learned that you can't help but smile when a baby smiles, even if you can't see the smile. Just knowing she (or he) is smiling is enough.
* I have learned that even a blind person can push a baby's pram.
* I have learned that "what ifs" aren't worth thinking about, because they stop you from moving forward.
* I have realized that the only thing stopping me from taking longer walks alone is my own fears of leaving my "comfort zone" and have managed to take myself just a little further (not as far as I would like to go, but enough so I was out of the zone I had become comfortable with, while still being within easy reach of returning to it).
* I have spent 10 of the last 12 months as a vegetarian, and have discovered more of a variety of food items because of it. Some people think a vegetarian diet is more limited than that of a meat eater, but it isn't.
* I have learned that pretending to believe in the magical things of childhood brings back a little of the magical feeling that seemed so real back then (e.g. the excitement of Christmas when you still believe in Santa).
There may be other things that I have either learned or achieved over the past year, but if there are then I can't remember what they were at the moment.
And my plans for the future?
* To conquer my fear and walk further with Kero - and on my own.
* To try the food items that are suitable for vegetarians that I still haven't been brave enough to try.
I think those are reasonable goals to plan to achieve.