Monday, October 18, 2010

The Land Before Time

"The Land Before Time is a series of animated films about dinosaurs. The series began in 1988 with The Land Before Time, directed and produced by Don Bluth and executive produced by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. It was followed by a total of 12 direct-to-video sequels, though none involves the participation of Bluth, Lucas, or Spielberg."

"The following is a list of the films in the series for The Land Before Time. All sequels have since been renamed without the numbers in their titles.

Films:
* The Land Before Time (1988)
* The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure (1994)
* The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving (1995)
* The Land Before Time IV: Journey Through the Mists (1996)
* The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island (1997)
* The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock (1998)
* The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire (2000)
* The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze (2001)
* The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water (2002)
* The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration (2003)
* The Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses (2004)
* The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers (2006)
* The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends (2007)"

(Above taken from this page).

I haven't seen all of the movies from this series, but I have seen many of them, and I watched VII and IX recently. If you ask me, they are all fantastic movies, and worth watching... They're meant as children's movies, but adults can enjoy them too!

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

I think we have the first three, but I haven't seen anything since. I always thought they were pretty good movies.

Rita said...

I babysat for one of my professors at college around eight years ago and her kids had several of these movies. I watched them with the kids and thought they were really cute! :)

Intense Guy said...

I remember seeing one or two of these. The "Great Valley" one for sure - which sticks in my memory because I was working in the "Great Valley Corporate Center" at the time.

:)

Toriz said...

AK & Rita:
Glad you enjoyed the ones you've seen! :)

Iggy:
That's a pretty neat coincidence!