Saturday, October 09, 2010

a hairy topic

A little over two weeks ago, Mam and I both went to have our hair cut. I decided to try to take photos of me with my new haircut, and - since I did manage to get a couple of photos - I figured I'd post them on here for any of you who are interested in seeing them.



I like to keep my hair kinda short for two reasons. The first is that it stays out of the way better without my constantly needing to put it in a ponytail or something. The other is that I quite like the slight wave/curl that comes in to my hair when it's relatively short. When my hair gets past a certain length, my natural wave goes out of it... I guess it gets too heavy or something? So, since I like that slight curl it gets when it's kinda short, I like to keep it kinda short. Besides - as I already mentioned - it stays out of the way better when it's kinda short, without me having to keep putting it in a ponytail all the time (which is something I don't really like to do too often).

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

Your haircut looks nice. I keep my hair short, too. Shorter than yours, in fact. Easier to take care of that way. Mine's just the opposite tho...when it gets longer, the waves and curls take over. I have a hair cut appointment scheduled for next Tuesday afternoon.

I hope you're having a great Saturday. *hugs*

Toriz said...

AK:
I agree... Much easier to take care of it when it's short!

I'm having a pretty good Saturday... Hope you are too!

Rita said...

Mine is stick straight, as they say. But if it gets long enough to hit my shoulders it will dry whichever way it is sitting or hanging--hehe! That is why I have kept mine between chin length and shoulder length. Leah cuts it for me these days. Just a blunt cut--straight across, no bangs. Boring, eh?

Yours looks very nice and easy to maintain. I remember the days of brush rollers and Dippity Do and ratting and Aquanet. Now I do nothing but let it dry--hehe!

Louise said...

That is really nice, it really suits you xx

Toriz said...

Rita:
As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters, besides, it sounds much easier than all that messing about you used to do. I've never really bothered with all that stuff, but I'm not much of a girly girl anyway. Hence prefering a low maintenance type hair cut.


Louise:
Thanks! :)

Deanna said...

That's a good hair style for you, Tori.

Intense Guy said...

I likes the new haircut!!

:) I can't quite picture a ponytail though..

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Thanks! :)

Iggy:
Thanks! :)

I hardly ever put my hair in a ponytail, because I can't be bothered with it. I don't think there are even any photos of me with my hair up taken in the past couple of years. Although, you may be able to see that I sort of have my hair up in the photos from Carl and Rachel's wedding. I think that's the only time I was photographed with my hair up in the past... Oh, I don't know... 8 or 9 years, I think?

MarmiteToasty said...

oh oh it looks like a pixie cut, it sooooooo suits you.......

x