Saturday, October 30, 2010

October 2010 craft update

OK, it's time for October 2010's craft update! So...

I finished knitting the biggger blanket for Emma-Jane, which I plan to give her for Christmas. Well, I plan to get her a toy too... Not that she'll be bothered since she's only going to be a little over 9 months old, and - from what I know of babies of that age - will be much more interested in the brightly coloured wrapping paper. But never mind, that's babies for you, lol! Anyway, here's the blanket that I made her...



I'm in the middle of knitting a scarf in similar colours for a pink loving person I know. But that's about the only other thing I've done, since various things have given me reasons not to be doing the craft projects I'd hope to be doing. I don't mean reasons as in excuses, because I did want to do the projects. I mean reasons as in genuine reasons why I didn't get to do things. I'd say, "right, today I'm going to start on those craft items," then something would crop up, and the projects would be forgotten, and another day would have gone by without me getting them done. I had hoped to make a small handmade gift each for family members and friends - like I did last year - but, although one person will have a little somethin and one or two others "might" get something, most people will not end up getting handmade gifts this year. I feel badly about it, but with Christmas only eight weeks away... Well, I'm running out of time fast! I should be able to finish the scarf and make one or two items in time for Christmas this year, but that's about it. *Sigh*

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

The baby blanket looks very nice, Tori. You did a wonderful job. I'm sure the scarf will be just as nice.

I wouldn't worry about not making those projects you wanted to make...IF you don't get a chance to make them. I'm sure people will understand. You've had a lot going on lately. I know how you might feel, tho. *hugs*

I hope you're enjoying your Saturday. I'm home from work, lunch has been eaten, and now I'm in the process of washing storm windows and putting some of them in the windows. I needed a sit-down break so thought I'd check some blogs. :)

Deanna said...

That baby blanket looks very soft. You did a great job. I know what you man about something always gettng iin the way of projects. It happens here too. It sounds like you get a lot done even with all of the interruptions.

Rita said...

I agree with Deanna, that blanket looks so soft. Good luck getting finished with the other projects. I sure know how time seems to get away from me, too! Maybe they wouldn't care if you tell them they will get their presents this winter and just keep working on them after Christmas--if you have something specific for certain people you wanted to make? Or keep going this winter--for next Christmas! (Better idea--ROFL!) Time seems to fly by faster the older I get--hehe! Anyways, beautiful blanket! Hope you had a great weekend! :):)

Toriz said...

Thanks all! :)

AK:
Yes, I'm sure people will understand, but I still would have liked to get the stuff done.

Deanna:
I get a lot of it done at night when all sensible people are sleeping. One of the benifits of often struggling to get more than about 2 hours sleep in a 24 hour period is that even a busy day will allow a bit of time for craft projects as a general rule. Doesn't always work that way - apart from anything else, sometimes I just don't feel like working on crafts - but it often does work that way.

Rita:
I'll probably go with the second option... Get a head start on next year. ;)

Intense Guy said...

If you don't make (many) more crafts... the ones you do make are even more extra special...

:)

Toriz said...

Thanks Iggy! :)