Friday, October 22, 2010

Furkid Friday: coughs, walkies, etc (FD)

Hi humans, it's Kero here.

Gwydion developed a bit of a cough last weekend, so Mami got him some medicine that she poured all over his veggies each day. He had some Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Now his cough seems much better. Mami says she's glad, because she was hoping to avoid taking him to the vet. Mami says it's less money and less hastle if things you can just buy from the shop work. I heard her telling Mamgu that if she needed to take him, she would, but she was hoping to just give him the medicine stuff and not have to shove him in his carry box and take him to the vet. As for me, I think that little guinea pig had a really lucky escape! When I was sick earlier in the year, I got taken to the vet. Mind you, mine wasn't just a cough... I was being sick, plus I had that lump by my eye. But, anyway, Gwydion had a lucky escape, is fine now, and didn't end up going to the vet for his cough, and Mami has plenty of the medicine left, so if his cough shows up again she can give him some more medicine right away, and catch his cough quickly again.

I've been on some great walkies with Mami. We walked further, so I had some new places to sniff. I kind of wanted to go further again, but I was a bit nervous about it, and since Mami seemed to be too, we both agreed not to go further just yet. We've also had some extra walkies, since most days we've gone at least two times!

I figured out how to get over the fence in the back garden, and thought it was great fun having Mamgu and Dadi chase me about to get me back in. They, apparently, disagreed though, since they've now made the fence higher, and I can't jump it any more.

Willow came for a sleepover last Friday night. She was meant to stay for the whole weekend, but her and I kept fighting over who was getting which treat, so Mamgu decided to take her back to the house. Well, in my defence, the treats were my chewies from my treat tub. Also - as Mami and Mamgu pointed out to Dadi - both Willow and I are used to having our stuff to ourselves. I know we spent those couple of months sharing stuff - or trying to - at the start of this year, but we've spent most of the rest of our lives not having to share. Well, I did have to share a lot for the first couple of years, but that's it. And, I mean, I'm almost 6 and a half, and Willow is almost 6, so it is understandable that neither of us is eager to share, really.

I haven't had as many leftovers this past few days. Mamgu is eating more of her dinner. It's good in a way, because it means she's eating better. But, in another way, it's not good, because it means less leftovers for me. That means I have to mostly just eat dog food! Can you believe it? Well, at least the humans are feeding me on Cesar... That's a good brand, and has a picture of a Westie on the packaging, which can't be a bad thing, can it? But, still... I'd much rather human leftovers than dog food!

Someone is parking their car outside, so I better publish this so I can go bark at them.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Gee Kero, that little fur-pig caught a break not having to go to the Vet monster. And then having to tell Willow to leave your treats alone... and Mamgu not giving you any leftovers... sounds like the only good thing this week for you was the super special walkies!

6 and half huh... psst... almost time for you to have a mid-life crisis... :) Do doggies have those?

Rita said...

I am five and a half. Not used to sharing--at all--period. Your treats--your house! I totally agree with you. I cannot even begin to tell you how distressing it would be to have another cat in the house. No-No-No! I don't think my human would be that cruel to me.

I'm glad the tiny, weekie furball is better and didn't have to go to the vet. Humans get so concerned over the other less consequential animals in the house. (I do miss the cockatiel a little, tho. She was fun to watch.)

I'm not fond of most people food, so I don't understand how you could miss it. Different strokes.

You are so brave to go outside at all--and extra brave for going father than you did before. Have a good weekend with lots of walks, if that's what you like. I'm off to take another nap.
Love, Karma

AliceKay said...

How do I top those two comments before me? LOL

I'm glad you had extra walkies, Kero. And you're right...your house, your things...but sharing is necessary sometimes.

I'm glad to hear Mamgu is eating better. That definitely means she's feeling better.

Wow, Cesar dog food. That's top of the line dog food. :)

Have a great week and don't get stuck on any high fences. (and just so you know, humans don't like going to human vets either.)

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Iggy:
Yeah, you're right. Although, I did manage to get a couple of bits of Mamgu's food. Still, I miss the human food dinners I was ending up with before!

I'm not sure about the mid life crisis things. I will let you know if I have one though. Mami says I will be switching to senior dog food when I have my next birthday. She says the Cesar senior says "7 plus." I'm not sure if I should be pleased that I'm going to be a big boy, or insulted that she's saying I'm almost an old man!

Karma:
I'm glad your human isn't cruel enough to make you share your stuff with anyone! I hope you get to go the rest of your life without having to share with anyone!

Yeah, well, someone has to look after the little furballs, feathered things, and those "fishy" things that swim about in all that yucky water. And, I agree, those things can be fun to watch. I'm not keen on birds though. I had a bird friend named Charlie, and he got out of his cage and when I tried to play with him he pecked me from inside my mouth, then I got scolded and shut away while the humans fussed over him and ignored me. How rude! Since then I've sworn revenge on anything with feathers! I tolerate the outside birds, but only if they stay up high. They come down to my level and they better expect me hot on their tails!

Fine... I'll have your share of the people food!

Hope you enjoy your nap. I don't think I'm going walkies today. It's REALLY, REALLY wet - and I'm not kidding - I don't even want to be in the garden, so there's no way I'm allowing the humans to take me walkies in this!

AK:
That's what Mami says. But I still don't like to share.

That's true! I still miss the human food dinners though!

Yes, Cesar is top of the line. I'm a picky eater when it comes to dog food, so I leave my humans little choice. Mami tried me on some of the other foods... Pedigree, Butchers, etc... I'll eat them at first because they're new to me, but then I start deciding that they aren't good enough for me. So Mami got fed up and just gets me my Cesar. I'm picky about my dried food too. I'll only eat Bakers biscuits, and evenn with those I will only eat them if I'm in the mood to do so. What can I say? I'm a pedigree dog, and I deserve the best! I have been attempting to convince the humans that I deserve chicken and cheese for dinner each day, bacon and sausage for breakfast, and regular snacks of ham, with wqarm milk to keep my tummy warm on a cold day. But they wont be persuaded. Shame... I'd love that!

Mami says humans don't like their vets either, but if that's the case, why do my humans go so much?

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Toriz said...

Kero said...

That should have said "warm milk"... I don't know how that q got in there!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero