Friday, October 15, 2010

Furkid Friday: daft dog (FD)

Hi there humans, it's Gwydion here again.

Well, I heard the funniest thing on Sunday. Kero doesn't get what's so funny, but I find it highly amusing. You wouldn't find me doing something that daft (at least, I hope you wouldn't). Kero was on the sofa looking out the window, Mami was on her laptop, and Mamgu was borrowing Dadi's computer. Suddnly, Kero started barking. Mamgu went to the window to see what was wrong, only to realise that he was looking right at her car - parked outside - and barking excitedly, like he does when Mamgu shows up (especially if she takes Mami with her). Anyway, Mamgu tapped Kero and said, "hey, I'm here," and he stopped barking, and looked at her as if to say, "WOW! How did you get in here so quick? I never even saw you get out of your car, let alone heard you come in the door!" I know about this because the humans were still laughing about it a little while later when they came out the back where my cage is (when it was time for Mamgu's next smoke break).

And, if that wasn't enough of a laugh for me, Tuesday evening I had another laugh at poor Kero's expense. I was happily eating my veggies while listening to a goose in the distance (I'm used to hearing animal noises from not too far away, so I ignore them) when the humans brought Kero outside. I did consider going to hide in my bed area - which is what I often do when people come anywhere near my cage - but I recognized Mami (AKA "food lady") so stuck around in case she was bringing me something. She wasn't (shame), but I'm still glad I stuck around or I wouldn't have seen what happened next. The goose said, "honk," again, and Kero raced indoors with tail tucked very tightly between his legs. From what I heard, he ran right through the kitchen, right down the hallway, all the way in to the living room, where he then hid under Dadi's computer desk. It took two hours to persuade him it was safe for him to go out (and even then he wasn't sure). And it took two days before he stopped running indoors to hide whenever he was outside and anyone said, "honk," or "goose," which I found highly amusing to watch!

Daft dog!

And here he is sat on the sofa looking around as if he doesn't know it's him we're calling daft. But we all know it is him, and we all know he knows it too!



As for the rest of the week... Not much happened. I had the most juicy carrot I've seen in my life (brought for me by Mamgu, I'm told) which I absolutely loved. And Kero had some kind of dog treat, which he seemed pleased to have (Mamgu brought that too). I hear he also managed to trick the humans in to giving him the other one from the packet, which was meant to have been sent to Willow. See... That dog's not entirely daft! Poor Willow though... I guess the humans will have to make it up to her by getting her another treat... An extra special one! Oh, and I tried sprouts for the first time, and absolutely loved them! That's about it though.

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

5 comments:

Rita said...

My human is still chucking over your two Kero stories. Personally, I think dogs are a little daft to begin with, but Kero seems pretty nice for a dog.

Glad you got a special juicy carrot. :):)
Love, Karma

AliceKay said...

You just never know what a dog will do next. Keep a close eye on him, Gwydion. :)

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Karma:
Yeah, he's pretty nice, for a dog!

AK:
Will do!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Intense Guy said...

*giggles*

Poor little doggy, his ego probably got crushed when that oversized duck chased him off. LOL! and then you laughing at him...

I bet you enjoy what entertainment comes along huh Gwyddy? :)

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

You bet!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion