Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday Feb first

OK, so LadyStyx was right, and it does look like it will be less than a week for those eight posts. LOL! This is my third post today. In my defence though, the second post I did today was for information purposes. Yes, that's my excuse, and yes, I am sticking to it! LOL!

Anyway...

It's been a VERY cold start to February. The sun has been shining, and you'd think that would mean it would make it a bit warmer, but it didn't. Oh, well, it's not like I had to be out there (unless you count a couple of trips outside with Kero for him to have a pee).

And, speaking of Kero. We thought he might of hurt his hip Wednesday night/Thursday morning, because he went to jump on the bed, slipped, and landed on his side on the floor. Then he acted like he couldn't get on the bed by himself and would make half-hearted attempts while whining (until one of us got fed up and got out of bed to lift him up). But then we noticed he was able to run around just fine. Plus, he had no trouble jumping up for toys or his lead. Anyway, to cut a long story short, we think he had trouble gripping the blanket as he jumped up on the bed (fleece blankets are a lot easier to grip than cotton quilt covers) and slipped, and since this happened at least twice in as many days, it seems to have shaken his confidence in his ability to jump on the bed. I wouldn't mind, but he jumps off in the middle of the night, then wants back up, and if we ignore him he just starts howling and refuses to settle until he's in what he's always considered his rightful place. I mean, he'll be four in May, and he's slept on our bed with us since we brought him home from the breeder (when he was about 9 & 1/2 weeks old). We have one of the fleece blankets on top of the quilt now, so maybe he'll realise and manage to get the confidence back to jump up by himself again?

This has all taken longer to write than it should have, because I ended up getting up to make a cup of coffee for Kelly (he's helping people with quests on World Of Warcraft, and can't leave the computer without risking his character - and maybe everyone else's - getting killed). Plus, I had to take Kero out for another pee. I swear half these so-called bathroom trips are just an excuse to go outside. LOL!

I think Sakura thinks she's a kitten again. In fact, I swear she's playing more now than she did as a kitten. She was rolling around the floor with a catnip toy earlier, then batting the toy around and chasing it. She's also been playing with some of the balls with bells in, and the other day she was playing with one of Kero's rope tuggy toys (not as a tuggy, but as a sort of mobile scratch post). She even let my Mam sit and watch her play on Monday. It's good to see her so happy, but I can't help but wonder if this step back in to her kitten-hood is a result of Chance's passing. Especially since it started not long after he "crossed the bridge." She's also started to get really cuddly, and cuddles up with me like Chance used to. Still, I suppose there are worse ways for her to grieve for him than mimicking some of his behaviour.

We're still no closer to getting moved out of here. The good thing is that the people who were hastling us have backed off (for now at least). I think one neighbour is intent on making waves though. The kids rode their bikes around the garden the other day, and where it was muddy it churned up the grass a bit. I knew they'd been in there, but figured since they didn't break anything or bother me (or anyone else) it wasn't worth worrying about. This one neighbour disagrees though, and wanted me to take photos of the "vandalism" and get them printed so she can send them to the housing and report them. Report them for what? For wanting somewhere to play with their bikes that's not on a road? For plaing in a communal garden? For actually finding something to amuse themselves that doesn't involve name-calling or stone-throwing? I mean, come on! If it was a private garden I could sort of understand, but it's not. So, why can't they play in there? They weren't hurting anyone or anything (well, unless you count the grass). And, if it's something the housing really need to know, surely the caretakers/groundsmen (whatever they want to call themselves) can take photos and report it themselves. That way I wont have to use my money or ink to print a photo that would either cause more trouble for me or do sod all anyway. I just don't get people like that. It's those kinds of people who are the reason kids are indoors in front of the TV or their computers and games machines instead of outside playing ball and riding their bikes.

OK, well, I think that's just about everything I've got to say today. LOL! Besides, I'm hungry, so I think I'm going to have some toast.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day :)

Tori

12 comments:

KAYLEE said...

great post....Glad you are well :)

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Kaylee :)

LadyStyx said...

Heh heh heh. I knew it ~grinz~

Kero's just wanting out to catch up on the doggy news...that's what we say when Katy wants out and doesnt really do anything. Sometimes we swear she fakes a pee just so she doesnt get fussed at.

Good idea on adding the extra blanket for Kero...you're prolly right on the lack of confidence.

Go Sakura...find that inner kitten sweetie!

Hope something comes thru on your housing soon.

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx:
Yeah, I think Kero fakes a pee sometimes too. A few times my Mam has pointed out to him that there's no way he could have anything in him to need to empty, but he just gives her a dirty look and continues with whatever he was doing. LOL!

I hope something comes up soon too. Still, at least we don't really have a date we "have to" be out by. I would kinda like to get moved and settled in to a new place before we end up having a baby though, but because I know it could take AGES to get us moved I'm not going to put off the baby attempts until we move. The rate things are going I'll have time to get pregnant and have the kid before we get moved. LOL!

theteacher said...

Miri has never grown up. She actually plays hide and seek around the house with my dad and she loves catnip too.

Tori_Z said...

Rachel:
Megan's not really done any growing up either, but Sakura's always been one of that cats that think play time is beneath her. She would play for a few minutes for about her first year, but after that would act like she had more important things to do than play with something. Until recently anyway.

Kati said...

Glad the kids have stopped bothering you, though I do hope you're able to find a new place to live soon.

Hope Kero figures out that he can jump up & grip the blanket again, to get on the bed himself, and that he wasn't actually hurt when he fell.

Sending Sakura some *****SNUGGLES*****

Kaylee said...

I hope you get a new place soon....LOL at your comment to ladystyx....are you ok today????

ChicagoLady said...

I think you're right, Kero's problem was a lack of confidence in being able to jump up on the bed. Eventually, with some encouragement from you, he'll figure out he can still get up there and will do it on his own. Be patient with him.

I also agree that it's best to leave the problem with the kids riding their bicycles in the grass well enough alone. You've had enough problems there, you don't need to stir up more trouble now. And the grass will grow back; it's not like it's permanently destroyed. And the kids are much better off playing outside, getting exercise, than sitting inside in front of the telly or at the computer.

Tori_Z said...

Kati:
No, I don't think he was hurt. I think he was more winded than anything. We thought he was hurt at first, but barely 12 hours later he was running and jumping about just fine, so if he was hurt then it wasn't badly.

Kaylee:
Yeah, I'm OK. You?

ChicagoLady:
I've spent the last couple of days trying to coax him to jump up. I finally convinced him he could do it yesterday by sitting in the middle of the bed with his favourite treat (which I'd made sure he knew I had in my hand) and calling him. After about 20 minutes he jgot up on the bed. The next couple of times it didn't take as long, and by this morning he was jumping up on the bed just fine without any coaxing.

My thoughts exactly! Besides, if I had kids they'd be out there messing up the grass anyway, so what difference does it make? But then, I can't say her opinion surprised me, since I know for a fact that she was one of the people (or maybe the only person) who told the housing I was leaving Kero outside on his own and he was digging up the grass. a). Kero has NEVER been left outside by himself. b). He wasn't digging, he simply churned up the muddy grass a bit when he was running around the garden. *shakes head* Some people are just out to make trouble for others, it seems.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

glad people seem to have stopped bugging you love.

and that is nice to hear sakura is letting her inner self free " bless her ",

and yes our little or big furkids know what they want when they ask to go outside and its not always a pee,lol, like us they like to be nosy .

hope you get your new home very-very soon and my great granchild, i cant wait to start buying things for it.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
I hope so too. Would be nice to be out of here, and even nicer to be a Mami.