Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Knew my turn was coming

I knew it wouldn't be long before it was my turn to get sick. Knew it was too good to be true that everyone else was sick and I was doing fine. Yeah, you guessed it, I'm sick now too. *Sigh*

Sunday I had a bit of a headache (which came back Monday evening) but I just ignored it. Woke up Tuesday morning feeling awful though. Was meant to go shopping with Mam and her friend Kelly, but I really didn't feel well enough, so Mam said she'd come grab my shopping list and that and go without me. When she got here she felt my head and announced she was bringing me home some medicine. Those who know me well will know I was feeling awful, because I didn't argue, and when she brought the stuff home I took it without even making any objections.

Still feeling like crap, but decided to get up and check the blogs since I've spent the best part of the past two days laying in bed and thought it was time to get my butt up. Besides, there's some chores that need doing, and laying in bed doesn't get the chores done, does it? Kelly's been doing his best, but he's not feeling 100% himself.

Can't be bothered to write more. Haven't done anything to write about anyway.

Hope you're all OK.

Tori

9 comments:

LadyStyx said...

*HUGS* Hoping you feel better soon.

Im much like you, I fuss about taking meds that I feel I dont really need (except prescriptions for my allergies...I need that stuff to breathe. Headaches generally can be slept away, so if Im headed for the aspirin...and taking it without a fight...you know something's wrong. Napping too,if I go in to bed willingly (and not just pass out where Im sitting), there's definitely something wrong.

AliceKay said...

Hope you feel better soon, Tori. *hugs*

Kati said...

Hey Tori!!! I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy too. These viruses going around seem to be kicking the crap out of folks in every corner of our universe. Seriously, my sis in Washington (state) & niece have had it, you've got it, friends in Minnesota have had it, EVERYbody at my work has had it or is coming down with it, folks all over Anchorage last weekend had it..... Is there NOWHERE that isn't being knocked out by "the crud" this year?!?!?!

I hope you feel better quickly.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

so my little grandaughter tori isnt very well,so have a great big"HUG".

seriously love i hope you get better very-very quickly,xxx.

KAYLEE said...

hope you feel better soon but i wish i was only "sick" like that :)

Kati said...

Hey Tori, I hope you're starting to feel better!!!!

There's an award waiting for you at my place, when you get a chance.

theteacher said...

Well, get well soon! Hope the medicine does the trick!

Tori_z said...

Thanks all. I'm feeling quite a bit better now.

Kati:
Will go check it out when I get a chance (probably tomorrow because of how late it is here now)

Tori_z said...

Oh, yeah, forgot to say...

LadyStyx:
Yes, that sounds about right for me too. If I can avoid taking anything I will. The good thing about this is that when I do take something it doesn't have to be something all that strong to work on me. Usually a couple of doses of Calpol (what we call "Childrens'" Tylanol) and I'm fine. Which is great, because it means it tastes good too. LOL!

Kati:
Nope, don't think anywhere is safe from this bug that's going around. *sigh* Hope your family and friends that have it are feeling better.

Kaylee:
Yeah, I wish it was only this sort of sick you were too *hugs*