Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tattoos

Tattoos were mentioned recently, and I said in the comments section of one of AliceKay's recent posts that I had a couple and would look for the photos I had of them. But I couldn't find them (must have put them safe, lol!) So... Kelly took a couple for me. Not sure how good they are, but he did his best (he hasn't figured out the camera settings yet, so tends to leave it on "auto" which doesn't always produce the best result).

Anyway...

This one is on my right upper arm. Carl (my brother) and I had matching Welsh dragon tattoos done (same arm, same spot, same pic) when I was 18 and he was 19... Just before I went to Canada and got married. We'd both wanted tattoos for a while, and since I didn't know if I was coming back we decided it would be cool to have these dragons done. The funny thing is - though we'd arranged to have a tattoo done at the same time - neither of us knew what and where the other was having. We just ended up picking the same picture and same arm, which made it even more special (or, I think it did).

And this one was made especially for Kero a little over 3 years ago (Kero was a little over a year old). I was going to have his photo with his name under it, but to do it to just go on my arm (it's on my left upper arm) he looked more like a cat, and the tattoo didn't do him justice. So I had this one made for him.

Tori

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Kelly did just fine with the pictures!

That is a cool dragon. I wish I could find a short summary about the dragon. I found even finding his name difficult - and remember you told me what it was.

LadyStyx said...

neat tats!

AliceKay said...

Very colorful, too.

Thanks for the pics, Tori and Kelly.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Thanks... And good about the quality of the pics. :)

His name is Dilwyn. And info about him is very difficult to find for some reason.

Styxie:
Thanks! :)

AK:
You're welcome. And thanks! :)

Kati said...

Yep, Kelly did a good job both with taking the pictures (the tattoos, and the garden/strolling pics above) and with directing you as to taking the couple you took. Very neat, to get some glimpse of where you live, your neighbourhood. And Kero looks like he's having a blast, running around on that stretch of grass.

As for the tattoos, very cool, but I esp. like the welsh dragon! That's neat that you and your bro. ended up with the same tattoo in the same spot, without planning it that way.

Tori_z said...

Kati:
Thanks (and Kelly says thanks too). But he didn't direct me with those two pics I took. I just had the camera (was carrying the bag and got it out ready for him to take the shots of Kero) and figured I'd just have a go. Either they were far enough away from me that I got lucky, or I spent so much time using my camera before that I've learned how to aim without needing to see where I'm aiming. LOL! Either way it was luck more than anything.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

As every one else says " yep " kelly did very well with taking the photo's and of course i have seen them in the flesh so to speak, i always wanted a little " blue bird " one but couldnt pluck up the courage, and now i am to old for one " sighs " .

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
It doesn't hurt very much, people just think it is going to. And if you really, really want one then you're never too old. It just might be tender around the area for longer than it would with a younger person.

Magaly Guerrero said...

How absolutely lovely. And to get the same tattoo as your brother is very sweet. Oh, and Kero must be so proud ;-)

Toriz said...

Mags:
Glad you like them. :)