First place we went when we got there was to the "pets corner" section.
There was some kind of lizard thing there, but I wasn't interested in it, what with not being a fan of reptiles, and Mam wasn't sure she could get a photo of it anyway, because of the kind of cage it was in. She did, however, manage to get a photo of the tortoise that was there
There were also several different kinds of rabbits. They were really hard to get photos of, because most of the animals seemed to have been given food and be ready for naps. But we did get this one.
I'm not sure which one it was. I don't remember all the types of rabbits that were there. I know there was a Rex, a Lionhead, a Lop x, and at least one other breed. They did also have their names listed, but I don't remember most of them. I'm sure the Lop X was called "Gabriel" though.
They also had guinea pigs. Just like this one.
There was also at least one chinchilla, but all we could see of it was it's butt, so we didn't bother trying to get a photo of it. After all, I'm sure there are nicer things to look at than a chinchilla's backside. LOL!
But my favourite was a rat named "Delilah" that I got to hold.
And who seemed to like sitting on my shoulder.
I love rats, and the only reason I don't have a pet one myself is that neither Kelly nor my Mam like rats, so neither of them will let me have one. It's a shame, because - despite what many people think - rats are generally very clean animals, and they are also very intelligent animals.
Anyway, those were the main points of the pet area, and - too keep the posts from getting too long - I'm seporating the trip in to a few posts, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the next part.
Tori
11 comments:
Nice pics. Looks like you were having a great time holding the animals. Now a pet rat isn't something I would want to own, but I know lots of people who like that sort of thing....and now I know one more...YOU.
Have a good day and I'll be back later to check for more pics. :)
Looks like a great place, I like anywhere that has animals lol....
You SHOULD get a rat, we use to (well our Tom did) have a rat called 'rat' LOL he was the tamest creature ever.... and real smart and he didnt stink either.....
well, he did a little when he died and no one wanted to bury him lol
x
AK:
I like most rodents.
Toasty:
I would, but Kelly doesn't like rats, which is weird since he has no issues with hamsters, gerbils and even mice, and he's threatened to get a snake if I get a rat. And I don't do snakes!
Well the Folly Farm rat really seems to like you. Maybe you can get visitation rights. :)
LOL @ Iggy!
You like rats? Amazing. Great pictures. Can't wait to read more!
Deanna:
Yes, I like rats.
chinchillas are so soft and fuzzy and cute!!
Jessica:
Yes, but their backsides aren't pretty, and we couldn't coax this one to turn around, hence the lack of chinchhilla photos.
No animal butt is pretty. The rat was pretty though. Not that I'd want one living in my house or on my property.
Styxie:
I'm with you on the butt thing, and figured as much on the rat thing after what happened with the rat who visited your garden recently. ;)
Post a Comment