Friday, May 25, 2018

#FurkidFriday: Lilie The #Westie Visit's The #Vet - May 2018 Edition (FD)

Hi everyone. This is Lilie the Westie.

I got to go visit that vet place again twice this month. I love going there! Everyone always gives me lots of attention, and tells me how cute I am, which I like to be told, even though I know already. There are usually treats too. It's great!

The first time was because I've got some sores on me. The humans and the vet are hoping it's not going to be the start of the skin problems that a lot of Westies get. It could be, or it could be that I cut myself when I was having a scratch. Since I scratch so much, either is possible, though the very fact I scratch so much means I have a high chance of having skin problems. Either way, the vet gave the humans some wet stuff in a tube to put on my sores. They call it cream, but it doesn't smell anything like the cream the Mummy human has on her strawberries sometimes, and the humans say I shouldn't try to lick it. I'm not sure why. Anyway, it's meant to make the sores better, but if it doesn't they say I'll have to go back there for the vet to look at my sores again, and they'll have to try something else.

The other time was because I had to go back to the vet again yesterday to get something sharp stuck in me. The humans said it was so I can try not to get some of the doggy illnesses that we dogs can get. I hope it turns out to be worth it.

I really like visiting the vet, because I love going places, especially when I'll get attention. They usually have great treats too. But I do wish the humans would quit with the wet things in bottles and tubes they keep squirting all over me. I could do without sharp things getting stuck in me too. Well, you have to take the good with the bad, I suppose.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Poor Lilie. I hope she is back to normal is a short time and doesn't have to wear the Cone of Shame to keep her from licking off the cream. At least she doesn't fight the vet!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I don't think Lilie's ever normal. ;)

She's doing OK though, and being pretty good about the cream. She kept trying to lick it at first, but manages to resist the urge if we give her something else to think about for a few moments after the cream goes on. No cone required, and she even goes to Kelly to have it put on. Although, that might be because we give her a treat afterwards. Haha!

There should have been more to this post, because I meant to give a progress report on the thing with the sores. But I didn't have the energy to write it all it and still get the post up on time. So Lilie will be back with the rest next week.

Rita said...

Oh, I hope she doesn't have the dry skin and sores issues. Glad she is being good about the cream, though...and going to the vet! ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, she's a good dog about these things. I think she considers it worth it just to get the extra attention. ;)