Wednesday, May 09, 2018

#WriterWednesday - May 9th 2018

If you're a writer, I hope your writing projects are going well.

There's not much progress with my own writing projects. Audio book production is still moving along nicely, but my hopes for catching up with writing in May have so far come to nothing, and I'm not sure how successful I'll be at getting in my writing time over the next few months. I won't go in to details in this post, but I'm sure you'll understand when you read the post I have scheduled to go up this coming Sunday. In the meantime, since I don't have anything much to say, on to those links...

Firstly, are there birds in your book? If so, you might want to go check out the post I just linked to. Actually, you might want to if you just like birds too.

Whether your book contains birds or not, here's a post you might like to read if you want to know more about the basic plot of a comedy. Useful to know regardless, but especially useful if you're actually writing a comedy.

Regardless of your book's plot though, remember that getting published is not a race to the finish line. No matter what you write, or which method of publication you plan to look in to, there's no rush. It will happen when it's time. Oh, and here are some self-publishing myths that need to die... If you're thinking self-publishing is not for you, read the post before you decide for sure, because not everything you hear about it is true.

Right. I'll end today's post with a piece about how writing helps us make sense of the things we otherwise can't - something many writers will understand - and another that talks about the right way to write.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Your links are always useful. Good luck with the audios!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks... Glad you think so! :)