Wednesday, May 30, 2018

#WriterWednesday - #Quotes About #Writing And Creativity

I think of writing with all of these quotes, but most of them could just as easily apply to art, or to any other kind of craft or form of creativity you prefer.

***~~~***

You do not have to write everyday. I'm giving you permission to take a day off. Marinating the mind is important--at least for my process. LEARN *YOUR* PROCESS.
~Tara Lazar

Ideas are easy. It’s the execution of ideas that really separates the sheep from the goats.
~Sue Grafton

Inspiration comes and goes, creativity is the result of practice.
~Phil Cousineau

Technique alone is never enough. You have to have passion. Technique alone is just an embroidered potholder.
~Raymond Chandler

I spent too many years neglecting my muse. I believed creativity was finite, that when I gave my creativity to my employer, there was none left for my art. But creativity is not a fossil fuel of finite supply that must be transported in pipelines and on ships and driven around in automobile tanks. Creative thinking, I’ve learned, begets more creative thinking.
~Patrick Ross

Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun.
~Albert Einstein

4 comments:

Rita said...

Good quotes. Yes, they can be applied to any form of creativity. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Glad you enjoyed the quotes. :)

Jeanie said...

There are a few of these I need to print out and copy and post right where I can see them every day! A great selection!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Glad you enjoyed them.