Tuesday, May 14, 2019

#Ocean Views, #Spring Cleaning, And Medical Mutterings



The photos at the top of this post were taken on May 5th. It was a sunny day, though pretty cold. Not as cold as they predicted it would be though, and certainly a much clearer day. They predicted rain, but it was so clear you could see the cliffs looking towards the direction Brighton is in. I'm not entirely certain what cliffs they are, though I'm told they're Brighton's cliffs. They're either those, or some near Eastbourne. Like I said, I'm not entirely certain. Either way, like with the hint of a view of France, they're something you can only see from where we are on a clear day, and it was one of those days, so here are a couple of shots of them.



As I said, though it was a clear and sunny day, it was quite cold. Nobody seemed bothered by the cold though, and there were a lot of people along the seafront that day, as well as people and coast guards out on boats.



The stormy weather they'd predicted for the weekend showed up a couple of days later, in the early hours of Wednesday morning. It's alternated between being sunny and stormy since. The weather just can't make its mind up.

Anyway...

In other news: we've been doing some Spring cleaning. We don't usually bother, but things got a bit behind in that department with me in and out of hospital all the time, and not feeling well when I was home. So, now that I'm doing better, we thought we'd do a thorough clean to get things all caught back up again. Up to, and including, removing all the small appliances from the kitchen counters to clean behind and under them, moving the sofa to vaccume under it, etc. Some areas are still a little disorganized, because we don't have all the extra shelving we need to get yet, but we did what we could.

Anyway, it turns out it's not the hospital they want me to go to to be sedated for those teeth to be dealt with, but the dental part of the health centre where our doctor surgery is located. Also, I'm glad she put the temporary fillings in, because there has to be a pre-procedure consultation first, apparently. Naturally, because nothing ever gets done quickly in this country, they can't fit me in for that until the end of the month. Well, they had a slot on May 22nd, but it was at stupid o'clock. Well, just after 8:00am, but the point is I'd have been lucky to be able to get there that early, didn't want to risk not making it in time for my appointment, and would have had to get up at stupid o'clock to try. So I have to wait until May 29th, when I have an appointment at 10:15 am, which is a more reasonable time. I'm not sure how long after that it will be before they do the actual dental work, but I'm hoping not long.

I was hoping to have it all over with before the end of May, because we have something happening in June, and I wanted to be able to focus on that. No. I'm not telling you what it is. Not yet anyhow. I will soon though. Me likely not having anything actually done until June won't be a problem. I just wanted it all out of the way. Oh well, can't be helped.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I have a feeling I will be needing a root canal soon so I get the dental thing and wanting it out of the way. I'm so glad you showed the photos of the ocean view. It's lovely seeing where you are.

Rita said...

I hope you can get the dentist stuff over with pretty soon after that appointment. You never know.

I've been in a cleaning mood, too. Not as much done as you two, but doing little areas to clean and downsize and reorganize. Working up to the clothing project--which will be a big one. Feels so good to get things cleaned up, though, doesn't it?

Those cliffs look close! :)



Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Glad you enjoyed seeing the photos. I hope you can get your dental stuff out of the way quickly too.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
It shouldn't be all that long after the appointment that I get the dental stuff sorted, but the thing that's happening in June is happening - well, it might be more accurate to say, "Starting," to be honest - only about a week and a half later, so I doubt I'll manage to get it dealt with before that. Can't be helped though.

Yes, it feels good to have things cleaned up. Feels good to even have the energy to do so too.

Yes, the cliffs are pretty close. It's longer if you have to go by road, but travelling along the coastline, you could get there pretty quickly.