Wednesday, May 22, 2019

#WriterWednesday: #Quotes About Creativity And #Writing

The world is but a canvas to the imagination.
~Henry David Thoreau

If you're a creative person, you're going to have more failures than successes. So let the failures steel your resolve and celebrate every little success. It's the way to stay sane.
~Tara Lazar

As a writer, you should not judge, you should understand.
~Ernest Hemingway

Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.
~Margaret Chittenden

A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
~Roald Dahl

Find your best time of the day for writing and write. Don’t let anything else interfere. Afterwards it won’t matter to you that the kitchen is a mess.
~Esther Freud

I would advise anyone who aspires to a writing career that before developing his talent, he would be wise to develop a thick hide.
~Harper Lee

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

As always, I really enjoy these!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
As always, I'm glad to hear that!