Friday, November 15, 2019

#FurkidFriday: Mummy Went Away During All The #Fireworks

Hi everyone. This is Logan the Cavapoo.



Apart from days when it's been all windy and rainy, there have been lots of scary noises going on.

Mummy says they're called "Fireworks," and I should just ignore them. But I can't. They're loud, and make all sorts of pop, bang, and fizzy noises. Sometimes whistly noises too. I really don't like it. Even my Westie sister, Lilie, sometimes gets upset about them, and she's much more brave than me.

OK, so Lilie mostly only gets upset after I do, and then it's only with the big noises. But that's still getting upset.

Anyway, Mummy gives me cuddles when they happen, and we listen to stories together. It helps some, and I'm starting to get a bit braver about them. Well, it helps me feel better and braver about the smaller ones anyway. Sometimes the firework things get too much for even cuddles and story time to help with though. But it's good she's trying, and there when I need her to cuddle me.

Except one time, when she wasn't...

It was a few days ago. Lilie says it was Sunday. I'm not so good with days and numbers and times and things, so I'll just take Lilie's word for it. Mummy says I'm best at bouncing and running, and Lilie's best at being smart, even though I sometimes do smart things (like when I figured out to just put my paw through the bars of the gate to grab my toy that was the other side of it, instead of just barking for the gate to get opened like Lilie does). But Mummy says it's OK if I'm not so smart most times, because everyone's good at their own thing. I'm glad it's OK.

Oh, wait... I was telling you about when Mummy wasn't there to give me cuddles... Right...

So, anyway, it was Sunday, Lilie says, and we'd been hearing the firework things nearly every night for lots of nights. They only don't seem to happen at the moment when lots of windy and rainy weather happens instead. I don't know why. Anyway, I don't know how many nights they've happened for, and it doesn't matter. The point is, we figured they'd probably happen again that night, and they did. Except Mummy went somewhere before they did. She went somewhere before dinner time, and she didn't come back until lots of time was gone, and it was toast and sweetie ball time.

What?

Oh, Lilie says I should explain about toast and sweetie ball time.

See, before we go to bed, Mummy has some toast, and she lets me have a bit. Lilie too if she wants, but mostly Lilie doesn't. More for me. Anyway, we have our toast, and then we have a sweetie ball, and Mummy has her special book that talks to her. After that we go to sleep. I don't know when it happens, but if it feels like a long time since dinner, and Mummy isn't doing toast and sweetie ball time, I remind her. You know, in case she forgot.

Anyway, like I said, Mummy went away somewhere for lots of time. She went before dinner time, and didn't come back until toast and sweetie ball time. I don't know where she went, but I didn't like it. I mean, it was bad enough she went away in the first place, which I hate, because Mummy going away makes me sad. I cry to tell her not to go. I cry and cry. But she still does. I don't know why. But this time it was worse, because of the fireworks.

OK, so I wasn't by myself. Daddy was here with me and Lilie the whole time. The squeaky things in cages were here too, in case you wondered. But Mummy wasn't, and I didn't like that. I never like when that happens, but I liked it even less when the firework things were happening and she was gone. What if they got her? What if she didn't come home? I was so sad and scared!

Daddy tried to make me feel better, and made sure there was dinner, but it didn't help. I wanted Mummy!

Well, OK. It sort of helped. I mean, I was able to not cry after a while, and just be sad quietly. After all, he did give me chicken, and cuddles. So I wanted Mummy real bad, and was really sad, but after a while I was sad quietly, while sitting by the gate at the top of the stairs, hoping it wouldn't be long before I'd see Mummy coming back up them.

At least I wasn't sat there all by myself, since Lilie came to sit there with me after a bit, and we waited for Mummy together, while pretending we couldn't hear those awful firework things happening all around us.

I was so relieved when Mummy finally did come home. I think Lilie was too.

I didn't even mind that Mummy didn't have toast, because she said her tummy was full, which meant she didn't need any. After all, she was home, and she did give me and Lilie our sweetie balls, so I was happy to just cuddle up with her after I was done with my sweetie ball, and go to sleep, which is what Lilie did too.

Anyway, I hope she doesn't go somewhere without me again. Especially not when the firework things are happening.

Lots of licks,
Logan

2 comments:

Teri Polen said...

Poor Logan! Bond is with him on this one. In previous years, the fireworks didn't seem to bother him, but for some reason, this year was different. He was under the bed until they were over. Glad Logan wasn't home alone!

Victoria Zigler said...

Teri:
Awww... Poor Bond!

We never leave them for more than literally a few minutes anyhow, but definitely wouldn't have during the fireworks. This is Logan's first year (he just turned seven months old a couple of days ago) and he's most certainly not a fan of fireworks. Plus, they've been really bad this year, so even Lilie's been agitated most evenings, and she's never really minded them in the past, which would make us even more reluctant to leave them by themselves than we are to start with.