Hi everyone. This is Lilie the Westie.
Mummy says it was something called "Halloween" yesterday. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm sure I remember her saying something about it last year around this time too. It seems to involve her getting excited about big orange balls she says are called pumpkins. I can kind of understand that... I love balls! Although, she never lets me play with the pumkin ball, even though she plays with it for ages, ruining it by cutting bits out with a knife. I mean, if she wants chunks taken out of the pumpkin ball thing, I'd be happy to help with that. But do you think she'll let me help? NO! So unfair! She didn't let my Cavapoo brother, Logan, help her destroy the pumpkin ball either, which I was glad about, because if I'm not allowed to, he shouldn't be allowed to. If she's going to be unfair to one of us, she should be unfair to both of us, otherwise it's even more unfair, if you know what I mean.
As well as the pumpkin ball thing, this year Halloween also involved something I don't remember us doing last year, which was Mummy wanting us to play dress up and pose for the flashy thing in our costumes. Something Logan was much more enthusiastic about than I was. I was a good girl though, and went along with it. Reluctantly, but still. Mummy was happy, and we got a great treat afterwards, so it was almost worth it... Almost!
Before I share the pictures the flashy thing got, Mummy asked me to tell you to ignore if she's in any of the photos and looking kind of scruffy. She wasn't meant to be in them, but we were rather excitable, so getting us to pose for the flashy thing required Mummy to be right there with treats to bribe us with, and even then we had trouble sitting still.
Anyway, I didn't mind the dress up game too much when I was just wearing a bandana, and Logan was a wizard...
But I wasn't so impressed when I had to wear the hat to be a witch...
You'll have to excuse the crookedness of the hat... It wouldn't stay straight, so that's the best we could get.
They had another costume, but given how much I wasn't enjoying the game of dress up, only Logan dressed as a devil...
Like I said, I didn't mind the bandana part. I have a few of those, and am happy to wear them. But I was rather glad they didn't make me wear the devil outfit, since I really didn't like the hat, and know I wouldn't have liked that horn thing for the head. Logan was happy to play along though, and was actually reluctant to take off his devil outfit after they put the flashy thing away. I'm telling you, my little brother is crazy!
Anyway, Logan and I hope you had a very yappy Halloween.
Oh, and if you dressed up too, we hope you got a great treat for doing it.
Lots of licks,
Lilie

10 comments:
I'd say cute as buttons. Lizzie went with as a bag of bones, with a bunch of bones as a collar.
My mistress thought you look so cute in your Halloween outfits...I am just pleased she didn't make me dress up...woof...big licks Saangchai....
Jeanie:
Thanks!
How did Lizzie feel about playing dress-up? Did you give her a treat afterwards for doing it?
Lots of licks,
Lilie
Saangchai:
Tell your mistress we said thank you.
Also, lucky you not having to play dress-up.
Lots of licks,
Lilie
So cute! :)
I handed out Play Doh, Halloween pencils, and glow sticks at McFamily's while they brought the boys around. Didn't see any dogs at all.
Rita:
Glad you think we're cute. Sorry you didn't get to see any other dogs all dressed up. We know there were plenty all over, because Mummy saw it mentioned on those Twitter and Facebook things. Never mind. At least you got to see our photos.
Lots of licks,
Lilie
Happy Halloween. I didn't dress up this year as Mom just got home from her long trip. I hear my cousins in Canada dressed up though. Pugs will do anything for attention. Dot.
Dot:
Yeah, apparently Cavapoos will do anything for attention too... My brother was seriously lapping up all the attention he was getting during the dress-up game. Glad you escaped it this year.
Lots of licks,
Lilie
What cute doggies. lots of woof woofs to them.
I come once again visiting your blog from Esme's Senior Salon.
Crystal:
Thank you, and thanks for visiting.
Lots of licks,
Lilie
Post a Comment