Wednesday, November 20, 2019

#WriterWednesday - November 20th 2019

I approved the final version of the audio for "Voyage Of The Crimson Sail" from Emma Thorpe a few days ago, so - assuming it sails through ACX's own checks smoothely - my pirate themed adventure story, featuring my own ratty girls, will be available as an audio book in a few weeks time. In theory during the first week of December - just in time for Christmas.

I also got a narrator arranged for the one other book of mine not yet in audio yet. The audio contract for "Puppy Poems And Rodent Rhymes" - one of my pet themed poetry collections - was given to someone over the weekend. So, Suzan K Hennen should now be working on producing that one, which will become available in audio early next year, since we're getting a bit too close to the end of 2019 for it to be done before this year is out. As I've mentioned in the past, I had hoped Carol Weakland, who did my similar title, "Rodent Rhymes And Pussycat Poems" - along with most of my other poetry books - would be narrating this one too. But she unfortunately isn't in a position to do so, hence me spending the past few weeks looking for an alternative narrator, and giving the contract to Suzan a few days ago, since I felt she was the best of those who auditioned for it. I'm sure she'll do a great job, and know she's eager to work on it.

Anyway, nothing else has happened as regards my books and writing during the past week. I've had some great reviews recently from fellow author, Robbie Cheadle, which a couple of other bloggers have been sharing about, and which led to me being featured in Sally's cafe and bookstore a couple of weeks ago - thanks for that, by the way, Robbie and Sally - but I don't have anything more than that to say about my own books and writing, since life stuff - AKA going to a firework display, spending most of the day after it sorting out firework videos, and then having a surprise visitor - has kept me busy, especially when combined with playing and caring for the furkids, and all the other day to day things, so I haven't had any writing time.

There are ideas though. Lots of ideas. I even wandered off during a conversation last week to go write some of them down. Much to the amusement of the person who had sparked the ideas in question.

The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible.
~Vladimir Nabakov

Also, since I've been kept so busy with other things, I'm behind on reading through all the links and articles that appear in my inbox every day, and make up the writerly links parts of these posts, as I'm sure you can understand. But let's see what I've managed to find for you to check out among those I have had time to read this week anyhow, shall we?

First, here are some things all writers struggle with sometimes (even when they won't admit it) and some things you, a writer, might not have heard in a while (but need to).

So, what is the point? Short answer: to keep writing, for whatever reason you write for.

"What if I write when I don't feel like writing and it turns out terrible?" I hear you ask. Does it really matter?

By the way, are you struggling with how much you should write, and how often? Here's a post you should read, which discusses perspectives on daily word count, and reminds you that what works for one writer doesn't always work for another.

Finally, what triggers inspiration in you? Whatever it is, don't try and use it to force ideas, but let it inspire you naturally. Sometimes ideas don't like to be chased too much.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

It sounds like things are going very well -- and you deserve to have some time off now and then. Three cheers for all you are accomplishing!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie! :)