Thursday, March 19, 2020

#AmReading + #AmWatching + #AmListening - Media Shares And #Reviews 19-03-20

Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.
~Vera Nazarian

Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!

*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.

Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Unless otherwise stated, all music videos are via YouTube.


OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?

  • Reading:
This week I read two books. So, here's what I read, along with my book reviews.

Survive (The Atlantis Grail, #4)Survive by Vera Nazarian
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
If I could give this more than five stars, I totally would! I've been dying to read this one ever since finishing the other three books in the series, and can tell you it was well worth the wait. It's a long book, but needs to be; it's just the right length to tell the part of the story it needs to tell. I was torn between being desperate to know what happens, so wanting to keep reading until I was done, and wanting to take my time with it so I could spend as long as possible with the characters. The worldbuilding is incredible, the descriptions are beautiful, the characters are well-rounded (and it's great to see how they've developed as the series has progressed) and the plot moves at a perfect pace. The series as a whole is awesome, and this book is the perfect ending to it, even if part of me wishes there was more, just so I could spend more time in the world, and with the characters - especially Aeson.

The Law of Three and Other RelationshipsThe Law of Three and Other Relationships by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is another great collection of sweet stories by this author.

  • Watching:
This week I watched the rest of "Game Of Thrones" season 2, and started season 3. I also watched more "Redwall" episodes.

  • Listening:
This week I once again haven't really been listening to much. However, deciding on a song to share this week is easy, because I've had one that's been quite the earworm for me all week. The title of the song was mentioned in something I read towards the end of last week, and the song became so stuck in my mind afterwards that I've quite literally been singing snatches of it on and off all week (mostly in my head, but sometimes out loud). Not even listening to it in its entirety a couple of times got rid of the earworm. So, since it's been my constant companion for the past week, so I have to share it, here's "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

That is one of Elvis' best! I'd forgotten about it -- thanks for the share!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
You're welcome, and I agree. At least it was a fantastic song that's been stuck in my head all week. ;)

Rita said...

That series sounds so good that I found the first entry (Qualify) for free on my Google Play. I get Google Play money for answering questionnaires so it won't technically cost me to buy the rest of them eventually, either. Nice!

I sure remember the old Elvis songs. Although I was a Beatles fan. I remember him being on a lot of the variety shows when I was a kid. Ed Sullivan would only show him from the waist up because of his gyrating leg--LOL! Can you imagine what Ed would have thought of all the twerking and such today!? LOL!

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Cool... I hope you enjoy the Atlantis Grail series as much as I did.

OMG! He'd have a heart attack if he could see things like that. LOL! I've said a few times how the generations before us who used to blush at the sight of too much ankle being shown - who I've only heard about, or read about in books - would think even the more modest of us inappropriately dressed these days.

Danielle L Zecher said...

That's one of my favorite Elvis songs. :-)

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Then, good choice! :)