Tuesday, October 06, 2020

21 #Mindfulness And #SelfCare #Quotes

We need to replace your vicious stress cycle with a vicious cycle of self-care.
~Dr. Sara Gottfried

Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.
~Anne Lamott

Self-care is how you take your power back.
~Lalah Delia

Mindfulness isn’t difficult, we just need to remember to do it.
~Sharon Salzberg

Learn strategies to manage stress, and find ways to choose happiness on a daily basis.
~Unknown

Don’t believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that – thoughts.
~Allan Lokos

Our life is shaped by our mind, for we become what we think.
~Buddha

Life is a dance. Mindfulness is witnessing that dance.
~Amit Ray

How you look at it is pretty much how you’ll see it.
~Rasheed Ogunlaru

The stiller you are the calmer life is.
~Rasheed Ogunlaru

Do every act of your life as though it were the very last act of your life.
~Marcus Aurelius

You must be completely awake in the present to enjoy the tea.
~Thích Nhất Hạnh
Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.
~Jack Kornfield

One who is patient glows with an inner radiance.
~Allan Lokos

It's not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It's necessary.
~Mandy Hale

When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs, and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgment called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.
~Kim McMilllen

The love and attention you always thought you wanted from someone else, is the love and attention you first need to give to yourself.
~Bryant McGillns

The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there.
~Robert M. Pirsig

Taking care of yourself doesn't mean me first; it means me too.
~L.R. Knost

Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves.
~Nathaniel Branden

Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love
~Brene Brown

 

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Sorely needed right now. This: "We need to replace your vicious stress cycle with a vicious cycle of self-care." == ~Dr. Sara Gottfried -- brilliant. And Anne Lamott is never wrong!

Rita said...

With all you two are going through right now you need the mindfulness breaks, too. ;) I know I sure do lately.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Good choices, and I agree: these are definitely needed right now.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Oh, yes, definitely! I think most people need it right now, but some more than others.