If a story touches you it will stay with you, haunting the places in your mind that you rarely ever visit
~Neil Gaiman
*~*
Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!
~
*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.
Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.
*~*
OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?
*~*
- Reading:
This week I finished reading the book I was in the middle of this time last week, and read another two books by the same author. So, here's what I read, along with my book reviews.
Star Minds Lone Wolves Team - All Missions
by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: five out of five stars
This book was a great read. It was wonderful to join all these characters on so many of their missions, and get to know them a bit more in the process.
~
Star Minds Interregnum Volume 2
by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: five out of five stars
This is another excellent collection of stories, which is once again a wonderful addition to the series. It's great getting to go on new adventures with
the characters I've grown to know - and in some cases really like - from previous books in the series, or - as is the case with a couple of the stories
- gain more insight in to a situation by seeing events from the point of view of another character.
~
Star Minds Sire Teens
by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: five out of five stars
This was a fun read; I loved getting to see some of the characters I've read about in previous books when they were younger.
*~*
- Watching:
This week I watched a lot again. Some I'd seen before, some was new to me. The stuff I'd seen before was...
- Racing Stripes
- Friends (I finished series 7, watched all of series 8, and started series 9)
- Lady And The Tramp (animated version)
- Lady And The Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure
- Shark Tale
- Piglet's Big Movie
- Tinker Bell
- My Friend Flicka
As for the new to me ones...
The Durrells (TV series 2016-2019):
I thoroughly enjoyed what I've wached so far of this show (the first series) and definitely want to watch more. I highly recommend it for fans of Gerald Durrell, or those who love wildlife or family drama type TV shows in general. I give it five out of five stars.
~
This was a pretty good fantasy movie, though not the best I've seen... Definitely worth watching if you're a fan of the kind of fantasy movie that features dragons, but is much cleaner than a lot of them out there, so more family friendly. I haven't read the book(s) it's based on, but now I want to. I really enjoyed it, but didn't absolutely love it, so I give this movie four out of five stars.
*~*
- Listening:
This week I've been listening to a variety of music, including country, 80s, and classical. But I'm still doing the Halloween music thing, so... Today I'm going with Michael Jackson's "Thriller" as the song to share with you all. So... Enjoy!
4 comments:
The Durrells is just fabulous. It's fun to watch the children grow up and how they assimilate to their life on Corfu. I'm so glad you are enjoying -- I find it a delight (so is Gerald Durrell's book on which it is based!)
Jeanie:
I'm glad you enjoy it too. Yes, I'm sure the book is fantastic as well. Might have to read that.
This is going to sound weird to most people who loved the show but I started watching this back when I had regular TV and never finished the first season because of those two older kids treating their mother so horribly...but especially because of that young son who collected critters willy nilly. The boy drove me nuts because he kept the animals in torturously small cages, didn't know what he was doing, and shouldn't have been going around taking animals out of their natural environment. I just couldn't watch it anymore. Maybe it got better.
Rita:
Those are fair comments. I think the behaviour of the older kids is starting to improve towards the end of what I've seen, so have hopes it will do so more in future. As for the animal care: I think the whole point is meant to be that he really doesn't know what he's doing as regards animal care (from what I know of him, and gather from watching the show, he wants to learn, but knows a lot of animal facts and little about actually giving them everything they need for a happy life rather than just survival). But, hey, if you can't enjoy it because of those things, that's fine, and also perfectly understandable.
Post a Comment