Thursday, October 22, 2020

#AmReading + #AmWatching + #AmListening - Media Shares And #Reviews 22-10-20

Books permit us to voyage through time, to tap the wisdom of our ancestors.
~Carl Sagan

    

*~*

    
Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!
    

    
*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.
    
Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.
    

    

OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?
    

*~* 

    

  • Reading:

This week I read three books, and started another I didn't have time to finish yet, all by the same author. So, here's what I read, along with my book reviews for the ones I finished.
    

Cop (Star Minds Lone Wolves)
by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: five out of five stars

This was an excellent addition to the series. I especially love that this time there was a satisfying ending without the need for romance to make it happen. I mean, there's nothing wrong with romance being the reason for a happy ending, but it's a refreshing change that it wasn't deemed necessary this time around. After all, not everyone needs that. 

     


    

Assassin (Star Minds Lone Wolves)
by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: five out of five stars

This is an excellent addition to the series, with a fast-paced plot. It has a fantastic main character, and a load of other great characters too. 

    

    

Spacer (Star Minds Lone Wolves)
by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: five out of five stars

This is yet another excellent addition to the series. I've been loving getting to know all these fantastic characters, and learning how they became part
of the team, and Fabio is no exception. The bonus story was a great read too... I love that we get those with many of the books set in the Star Minds universe.
    
*~* 

    

  • Watching:

Between evening Netflix time, another DVD weekend, and having DVDs on while packing boxes and shredding paperwork I've been meaning to shred (it makes both tasks more fun to have something to watch or listen to while I do them) this week I watched a lot again.  In fact, I watched even more this week, and with more packing and paper shredding to do might be doing the same thing in the coming week. 

    

~

    

I watched more "Friends" episodes, though since I've only been watching an episode or two a night before switching to reading, I haven't quite finished season 7 yet (unless I manage to between finalizing this post on Wednesday afternoon, and it going live on Thursday morning).

     

    ~

    

I also watched a dozen more DVDs from my pile of DVDs on my coffee table that I've seen but haven't watched my actual copies of.  Well, one of them I'm sure shouldn't have been in the pile any more, since I'm sure I'd seen my copy of it, but never mind.  Either way, for those who might be interested, here's what I watched (in watching order):

    

  1. Madeline
  2. Matilda
  3. A SimpleWish
  4. X-Men
  5. How The West Was Fun
  6. The Aristocats (animated version)
  7. Marley And Me
  8. Big Red
  9. The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe
  10. Space Buddies
  11. Minions (this is the one I'm sure shouldn't have been in the pile)
  12. Spy Kids
     

    

*~*
    

  • Listening:

This week I've been listening to a mixture of country and 80s music again.  But I'm continuing my Halloween themed music thing again this week, so, since I couldn't resist making it one of my Halloween music shares, here's the theme tune for "Casper The Friendly Ghost" for you - enjoy!
    


4 comments:

Rita said...

I remember watching the Casper cartoons!
You really got through a lot of DVDs. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, I'm trying to get through as many as possible of the stack on my coffee table before I have to pack them, so watching them while doing other things. I'd usually put a book on, but using the DVDs instead to get caught up on those. So I'm hoping to have a load to list next week too.

Jeanie said...

That's some prolific viewing! Well done working through the stack. And thanks for Casper. It's been a long while since I've heard that and I smiled when I did.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks, and I'm glad my posting Casper made you smile. :)