Thursday, August 19, 2010

Apology, council and Emma-Jane

I feel like I'm saying this a lot lately, but... Sorry I've not been around the blogs properly lately. I've been just about keeping up with posts, but sometimes it's taking a couple of days before I visit blogs again. Part of this is due to the things going on with the renovation work, but part of it isn't. The part that isn't is due to the fact I'm not feeling 100% right now (just a bit run down) but isn't helped by the fact I've had a lot going on with figure gaming and roleplaying these past few weeks. Anyway, sorry. And if I don't visit your blog sometimes, it's nothing personal, and I will get there... Honest!

As regards the work being done...

They need to come tomorrow to put some plaster over a hole they left in the wall when moving the location of the cooker switch slightly. They forgot to do it, so when they came to put the wood bits on the bottom of the cupboards now that the floor is sorted, we pointed it out. So, they're coming to sort that tomorrow. Also, when we moved in the skirting board was missing from one side of the bathroom. We did mention it at the time, but nobody ever came to replace it. Then we found out about their plans to do renovation work, so we figured we wouldn't bother nagging at them, since it would be done when they did the work. That's what we thought, anyway. But it isn't what happened, and when we mentioned it today we were told we have to get in touch with the council's maintenance department again, because it wasn't in their contract so they couldn't do it. So, I guess we do need to nag at them about that after all. Still, other than that the work is now done. We'll just need to sort the painting when we can. Not sure when that will happen though, so I will see about getting some photos of the work for you. I can just post new ones again when we do the painting and the rooms are completed.


I saw Emma-Jane again yesterday. Her first tooth - which has been bugging her for a while - seems to have cut through the gum. She's 5 months old now, and her motor skills are starting to be put in to practice. She's now getting the hang of grabbing for items - most of which end up in her mouth - and is desperately trying to sit herself up. She can sit up with minimum support now, and I'm pretty sure she'll be sitting up without support pretty soon. She's also starting to practice making different sound combinations... I think she's going to be one of those babies who are ahead of most other babies her own age. I also think it might be time to start being careful what we say around her, in case her first word ends up being something we'd rather she didn't say at all.

That's all I have to say today, so... Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and stay safe! :)

9 comments:

Intense Guy said...

LOL! Yes, you probably don't want to air your opinion of the Council's Maintenance people or the Contractors...

I hope you feel more chipper soon -It sounds like "run down" is going around...

*hugs*

Toriz said...

Thanks, Iggy!

*Hugs*

Rita said...

Good grief! I was out of the loop for two weeks! Just happens sometimes. I always get to my blogger friends, too--eventually--as you can tell today--ROFL!

I miss everybody when I haven't gotten by the blogs for so long to see what everyone is doing and thinking--or in Iggy's case--researching--hehe! I'm so glad that the rest of the remodeling went so well!!! Happy for you guys! Now things can get back to the normal routine--well, when you are done gaming--chuckle! ;)

I think we all have times that it is hard to keep up online. I usually don't get to blogs every day in the first place. Don't worry. I know I am happy to see you stop by whenever you are able. :):)

AliceKay said...

I'm glad most of the work has been done and your life can get back to being normal again. I hope those minor problems can be worked into the plans soon without too much nagging on your part.

Little Emma-Jane sounds like she's really growing up fast. Babies seem to do that. You should hear all of the words Ryan has picked up. LOL. The thing is...he knows what they mean most of the time.

Here's to better days. *hugs*

Toriz said...

Rita:
Thanks. :)


Yeah, I hope things can get back to normal too. The gaming wouldn't be an issue normally, it's just that with the other stuff happening as well it seems like the only other thing I'm doing is gaming.

AK:
Yeah, babies do grow up fast... And they learn fast too. Hence my comment about it being time to watch what we say around her. ;)

MarmiteToasty said...

Ive been out of the loops way to long.....

Ive been up to me ears in so many pies though.....

x

Toriz said...

Toasty:
That's OK. Good to see you back on the blogs though. :)

LadyStyx said...

So glad the the work's finally done. No worries about the blogs, at least you're getting around when you can. I just realized today it's been almost 2 weeks since I made my rounds (and even then I didn't make it to everyone's). *shakes head* I so need to get back into the swing of things.

Toriz said...

Styxie:
Yeah, I'm not doing too bad with keeping up on blogs. Hope you've managed to get caught back up, and can keep a bit more on top of posts.