Monday, August 16, 2010

A "dear me" letter

Dear Me,

I am writing this letter to explain the pieces of writing I plan to do in the near future. So, here goes.

I have a few ideas floating about in my head. One is a short story about sight loss. I hope to find a good way to write a story about my sight loss. I would like to do this for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that I think it would be good Therapy for me, since it would give me an oppertunity to get how I feel down on paper, and tell people how I'm feeling without having to say the words out loud. The other reason is that I would like to contribute to the information available for people dealing with sight loss, since there doesn't seem to be anything that truely tells people that they aren't alone with the feelings and fears they are probably feeling. All the information seems to be centred around the medical side of things, and physically dealing with skills they need to adapt, but none of it deals with the emotional side of sight loss.

I would also like to compile a book of short children's stories. This one is more for my enjoyment, though I certainly hope that the children enjoy it too. There will be books of animal stories, stories about inanimate objects that are alive, and stories about children who have all kinds of fun adventures. I'm hoping to include morals in at least some of them, so as to revive the types of stories with lessons in them that were so popular in the past.

I have a few other ideas floating about in my head, but most of them are only half formed ideas, so I wont discuss them just yet.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my future ideas for writing projects.

Sincerely,
Myself

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

These sound like excellent ideas. I'll be waiting to hear your progress. :)

*hugs*

Deanna said...

Writing about the emotional side of sight loss is such a great idea. It will not only help those who have also lost their sight know that they are not alone, but it will help those facing that possibility and those of us who have our sight and clearly want to understand better the world as you "see" it.

The children's books idea if a great one too.

I am looking forward to reading more!

Hugs.

Deanna

Intense Guy said...

Hugs.

Deanna says what I would have said. I know you write very well so both the loss of sight and the children's books would be very well-worth reading.

Toriz said...

Thanks all. :)

Rita said...

OMGosh, yes! You could write about the side of sight loss that people don't focus on enough--the heart and soul stuff! And I've already imagined you writing your children's stories and having them published in illustrated books! :)

Love hearing about your plans!! Go for it, Lady! :):)

Toriz said...

Thanks Rita. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

I think you could write amazing pieces on site lose from your view, and I think you should try to get it published for to help others that might possibly be in the same position.....

x

Toriz said...

Thanks Toasty, and... That's my plan. :)