Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gwydion's Sunday squeaks: my first vet trip

Hi there humans. This is Gwydion again.

You'll never guess what happened to me on Tuesday morning.

I was grabbed out of my cage and shoved in the box that I came to live here in. Then the box got put on the floor, and Kero opened it, so I got picked up and put somewhere else. Then I went in to the noisy place that jiggles me about in my box - I think the humans called it a "car" or something - and when I got out of there (still in my box) it smelled different. There were all kinds of dog and cat smells and everything. Then, if that wasn't enough of an adventure for one day, I was picked up (still in my box) and put down a few times, before the box got opened and hands tried to grab for me. I wasn't having that, so started running about in the box and trying to hide in the hay that was in it. So Mami picked me up and I cuddled in to her. Next thing I know someone is grabbing at my paws while holding something that looked sharp and dangerous in thier human shaped paws. And after that Mami put me back in the box, then the whole process of being picked up, put down, moved about and going in that car thing started again. Until, finally, I was home and being put back in my cage. It was an aweful experience!

Kero told me afterwards that the place that I went to was called "the vet" and he doesn't think much of it either. I can't say I blame him. Going to the vet is no fun at all!

I felt much better after a nice bowl full of vegetables though. Speaking of which... There are some Mami left in my bowl for me, so I think I will go and eat them now. Yum, yum!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

That's how I feel about going to the doctors. LOL

What did the vet do to you with that sharp and dangerous looking object?

I hope you have a week free of vets and traveling boxes.

MarmiteToasty said...

I feel like that when going to the Dentist lol

x

Rita said...

Dentist is worse for me, too! hehe!

Hope you enjoyed your treats! :)

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Thanks all!

AK:
The vet trimmed my claws.

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Intense Guy said...

So Gwyddy... how's the fingernails looking?

I don't like the vet either. I went there too many times with a sick doggy.

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...


Iggy:
They're looking good. But then, I didn't think there was that much of an issue before. Mind you, it does feel good to have those long claws out of my way...

Squeak soon,
Gwydion