Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What little news I have

Tomorrow the people come back to finish the floor. They started it today, but they first had to level it out before putting the new flooring over the top, and that had to be left to dry for several hours before it could even be walked on, let alone have the other stuff put on top of it. Sorry if you're confused, but I'm not sure of it all myself. All I know is nobody was allowed to walk on the bathroom and kitchen floors for a large part of today, and the people are coming back to do what they called "the actual flooring" tomorrow.

I really feel sorry for anyone who has young children around while this kind of work is being done. I can only imagine how much hastle that would be with no access to the kitchen and bathroom for a large portion of the day. Especially if it's being done during the school holidays - like ours is - because there isn't even the option of the children being out of the way for most of the day at school. Also, it's been enough of a headache for us with just us and the furbabies... Human babies are more hard to look after in general, and can't be put in cages (like Gwydion) or taken out the front for a pee instead (like Kero).

Anyway, Kelly couldn't leave home today because we didn't know what time the guys were showing up. As it turned out, two came to unplug our washing machine and move it and our fridge out of the kitchen around 8:15 am, the other guys showed up soon after 10:00 am, but we didn't know that would be the case, so Mam took me to the vet with Gwydion to get his claws clipped. She was coming anyway, because she was inlisted as taxi for Kero for his grooming appointment, since he had his grooming appointment today, but the one who used to do pickups doesn't work there any more, so I have to arrange his transport myself. Gwydion's appointment was 9:00 am, so the first guys were here before I left, and the others were here after I got home again. Kero's grooming appointment was 10:30 am, so he did end up going a bit early, but better early than late, right? Well, I think so. More on Gwydion's vet appointment and Kero's grooming appointment in their posts this weekend.

After Kero got home with Mam, we (Mam and I) took him for a walk, which passed some of the time that the floor wasn't allowed to be walked on for. But we still had to have the baby gate shut to keep Kero in the front room with us for a while until we could be sure the floor was OK to be walked on, since we didn't want it needing to be redone. And - more importantly - we didn't want Kero ending up with the floor stuff stuck to his paws.

Being totally honest, I don't have much to say today, since most of my time has been taken up with visits to my parents' place (most of which I've gotten to see Emma-Jane in), trips to town with Mam, Dad's gaming club, and attempting to keep chores up to date while making sure these workers are doing their job. Although, I have managed to fit in watching a few movies (reviews for which will be posted soon) and working with Kelly on some prep work for my character for the roleplaying campaign he runs (which is due to start back up again soon), since I joined it at the end of his last stint using an NPC (non-player character) he'd had floating about, so we had to tweak it a bit to make it my own. If you know what I mean. I can't wait until this work is done and I can get back in to my normal routine. Well, as normal as I actually have when it comes to a routine, because I don't have one that's set in stone, just a rough plan for what I like to achieve each day. But I'm sure you know what I mean by "back to my normal routine" though, right?


AliceKay said...

I know what you mean about getting back into a normal routine. I'd like that for myself sometime soon.

It sounds like the men are working as quickly as they can, but it sure sounds aggravating to me. I hope they finish soon and get out of your place and let you get back to your normal routine. I bet Kelly, Kero and Gwydion wish the same.


Intense Guy said...

Sounds like the furbabies mam was busy tending to them this week. I bet they enjoyed the oohs and aahs after the grooming if not the actually grooming!

Sounds like things are just about done - and another good day (or two) should do it?

I hope so! *Hugs*

Toriz said...

AK and Iggy:
Yeah, I hope so too. In theory it's almost over now. Just a couple of finishing touches that need sorting tomorrow, then all that needs doing is the decorating, which is up to us anyway.

Rita said...

It will be such a relief to have things back to normal for you--and the furbabies. ;) Sounds like it won't be long now. Soon! Soon! :)

Toriz said...

*Nods at Rita*