Saturday, August 07, 2010

Stormy skies



We've had a few nasty storms lately. I like storms though, so I decided to brave the storm and go and get some stormy sky photos to share with you all.

These were all taken while the thunder was rolling overhead. Quite literally. The thunder was rumbling while I was happily clicking away with the camera.





I think the lightening was responsible for this shot, but I'm not 100% sure. This was taken during a different storm, I think, because judging by Iggy's description I'm guessing this was one of the later in the evening storms. Either way, it sounds like a nice photo, so I'm going to add it here.



It seems most people had a lot of storms during July (when the above photos were all taken).

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

Psst...has anyone ever told you how dangerous it is to be outside during a thunderstorm? If you can hear thunder, you are close enough where a lightning bolt could hit you.

Other than that, enjoy your thuderstorms. LOL *hugs*

AliceKay said...

oops...thunderstorms. (cant type yet this morning)

Toriz said...

AK:
Yes, plenty of people have told me that. But I never listen. Besides, if you do everything that people say will stop you getting hurt, you'll never be able to do anything at all.

Deanna said...

LOL Tori, I'm with you. If I hear thunder, I'm immediately outside on my porch. It is like I'm drawn to it. You got some good pictures there, especially the one that you think lightening was responsible for.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Intense Guy said...

:) This reminds me of an "old" song by Eddie Money, called "I love a rainy night".

Celticspirit said...

I love the stormy sky pictures. I love thunderstorms as long as they are not too close.....like right above us.

Toriz said...

Glad you all enjoyed the photos. :)

Rita said...

I'm so far behind and catching up. I LOVE storms, too, Tori! Love standing in the rain in a thunderstorm, actually--but haven't done so for years. I love the feeling of the air and the wind. I loved these pictures, of course. It is difficult to get a good picture in a storm, but you did. :):)

Toriz said...

Thanks Rita... Glad you enjoyed the photos. :)