Friday, April 06, 2012

Eclipse and Breaking Dawn

I recently watched "Twilight: Eclipse" which is the 3rd in the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, and "Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" which is the 4th movie, but first half of the 4th book in the same saga.

In "Eclipse" Bella is forced to choose between her love of Edward and her friendship with Jacob. In "Breaking Dawn - Part 1" Bella becomes pregnant, and the fetus is growing at an alarming rate, leaving Bella in danger of dying, and in the position of being forced to decide whether to risk her own life or terminate the pregnancy. I don't like to give spoilers, so I wont say any more than that. There is more information on the links provided above for anyone wishing to read more about either movie.

Anyway, I enjoyed both. Although, since I'm more in to romance and domestic issues than violence, I enjoyed "Breaking Dawn - Part 1" more than "Eclipse" since Breaking Dawn focuses on Bella's pregnancy and the relationships between the vampires and werewolves than anything (though there was - obviously - some violence between the vampires and werewolves; there always is at some point in the Twilight movies, especially between Jacob and Edward) where as most of Eclipse seemed to be fights between various vampires and werewolves in some shape or form, with breaks in said violence from time to time to work out relationship issues with Bella, Edward and Jacob.

Since I have yet to read beyond the first book, I can't tell you if I enjoyed the books or movies more. However, I expect it will be the books I find most enjoyable; it will if the first is anything to go by anyway.

2 comments:

AliceKay said...

I like the new look you have going here on your blog. Thought I was on the wrong page at first, tho. :)

I've never gotten into the whole "Twilight" thing, but I know a lot of people have.

Toriz said...

AK:
LOL! Yeah, sorry about that. Mam was fiddling with her background, so I asked her to do mine too, since I was sure there were new ones with all the recent changes and updates. Anyway, she said this one suited me, and it sounds nice to me, so I decided she could apply it. Meant to say something, but I forgot. Anyway, glad you like it.

I'm nowhere near as in to the Twilight saga as some people are. It's pretty good and all, but it's no Harry Potter...