Monday, April 16, 2012

Gnomeo and Puss

I watched "Gnomeo And Juliet" recently. It's basically the story of Romeo And Juliet with garden gnomes, but with enough humour added to make it not so serious and soppy. It's really funny and sweet at the same time. I'd wanted to see it for a while, and I'm glad I finally did!

I also watched the version of "Puss In Boots" I wanted to watch; the one I thought we got before, which tells the story of what happened in Puss's life before he met Shrek, and how he was wrongly accused of robbing the townsfolk and is now trying to make amends by attempting to get his hands on the magic beans that will allow him to grow the magic beanstalk on top of which still lives the goose that lays the golden eggs. It was an amusing, and cute movie, which I enjoyed very much. We got a free short movie with it called "Puss In Boots: The Three Diablos" which follows on from the first one, and tells the story of what happens when Puss teams up with three naughty little kittens in order to steal back a ruby from a villain called The Whisperer. That one was cute too, but I didn't enjoy it quite as much. Though that might have been because I'd assumed he was teaming up with his own kittens, and they weren't his. Still, like I said, it was cute.

11 comments:

Autumn said...

I haven't seen either movie so thanks for the review. We are getting caught up on movie watching by having movie nights.

I have just been a read and go blogger lately but wanted to take a sec to comment. Have a great day.

AliceKay said...

Both of those movies look really good in the trailers. I'm glad you enjoyed them. :)

Toriz said...

Autumn:
Movie night is always a fun plan! :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

AK:
The trailers were why I was so desperate to watch them; they're even better than the trailers I think.

june macfarlane said...

Hi Tori
I came to say hello. I am also on Susan's new design team and hope to get to know you more,You are one very clever crafter and I also hope to see some of your poetry, i love poetry too.
I have added myself to follow your blog and I know I will enjoy it, i have already enjoyed a couple of your posts
hugs June x

Intense Guy said...

Garden Gnomes make me laugh just looking at them...

Toriz said...

June:
Hi, and thanks for visiting! :)

If you look on the sidebar you will see a link to "Poems From A Dreamer" which is my poetry blog; you can read my poems there if you want.

Iggy:
Yes, they are rather amusing looking things...

Rita said...

Glad you liked them. Well, except for the short one with the other kittens. :)

That corgi :) said...

I do enjoy reading your reviews, Tori, both for books and movies; I rarely get to a movie these days but if I'm going to rent something, I want to make sure it is something I think I'll enjoy; Gnome and Juliet sounds like it would be a cute one!

betty

Toriz said...

Rita:
*Nods*

Betty:
Glad you enjoy the reviews so much! :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Oh! The Little Princess will love Gnomeo and Juliet!

When I saw your title, I thought Gnomeo and Puss was a real movie, and the protagonists were boys. That would have been too cute ;-)

Toriz said...

Mags:
Yes, I bet she will! :)

LOL! Yeah, that would have been cute!