Sunday, April 22, 2012

Poem: The Light Of Dawn

As I look out of the window,
Watching the sun rise in the sky,
The beauty I gaze on,
Makes my spirits lift so high.

I lay here in silence,
Hardly daring to move a single limb,
Wanting to savour every moment,
Breathing the fresh morning air in.

Please don't spoil this moment,
Don't take it away from me,
I will remember it forever,
How I felt so alive, and so free!

The golden glow in the morning sky,
The sweet smell of the dew on the grass,
I wish it would last forever!
But sadly this moment must pass!

~~~

I'm not including this poem in the book for one reason, and one reason only; it was published in a poetry collection when I was 16 under my maiden name. Although it's my own poem, I don't want to be publishing it in the collection when it was published under another name before; even though it was my maiden name. I technically could; although it's been published before, it's only as part of a collection, and plenty of poetry collections include poems the poet has published elsewhere too. But this one's had its moment of glory, however small it was.

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

What a great poem! :)

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks! :)

Rita said...

A beautiful moment captured.
I can see why you wouldn't want to include it because of the name thing when it was already published. Sounds like you have plenty of other poems for the book, though. :)

That corgi :) said...

very nicely written! I liked "please don't spoil this moment, don't take it away from me". Its like you wanted to treasure it as long as you could treasure it!

betty

Toriz said...

Rita:
Yep; I narrowed it down to 40 poems, so I think I managed to include plenty without this one. :)

Betty:
Thanks; yes, I did.

Deanna said...

I'm very glad you included it here. :) Liked it a lot.

Intense Guy said...

This is a masterpeice. A sure sign of your talent even then...

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Thanks; I'm glad you liked it! :)

Iggy:
*Blushes* Thanks! :)