Saturday, April 14, 2012

Scarf and flowers

I have a couple of craft project photos to show you today.

Firstly, here's the scarf I knitted for myself:

I've started making a matching hat; in fact, the knitting of it is done, and it just needs to be sewn up. I will also be making mittens to match. I know we're well and truely in to Spring now, but I'm going to keep working on them so I have them ready for Winter, when the cold weather and - I hope - snow comes again.

I also finally have a photo for you of the flower magnets I decorated for Ostara. Here they are:

It was a children's craft kit, but I thought it would be fun to work on as a Spring themed activity; especially since I don't have a garden to work in.

I mostly decorated them myself, though Kelly did help with which colour was which, and he put the glittery stuff on, because we weren't sure if it was a proper glaze or what. I hope I didn't do too badly, because I plan to give 4 of the 5 away as presents. Well, I tried, and that's what counts, right?

8 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I think you did great with those flower magnets, Tori! I like the colors on them. Neat scarf too! I bet that along with the hat and gloves will be warm indeed when winter comes back and it seems like it comes sooner and sooner with each passing year :)

betty

Rita said...

Everything looks great! :)

We could have had snow here just a little while back when it got down to 19 degrees one night and in the 20s the next night. Today is supposed to hit 70 and then we go back down into the 50s. Like a weather roller coaster up here. ;)

Deanna said...

You did a great job with those flower magnets. And the scarf is so pretty. I can just imagine how pretty you will look when you are all decked out in the matching set. Once again, you amaze me!!!!!

AliceKay said...

Looks great to me, too. Nice job on the magnets and the scarf. *two thumbs up*

Magaly Guerrero said...

I wish I knew how to knit. I'll learn one of these days, in the meantime, I'll stare at your stuff.

I love the pink and yellow flowers. Daisies are my favorites. And Kelly is the sweetest. Give him a huge hug for me ;-)

Toriz said...

Thanks all! :)

Intense Guy said...

Can you knit socks yet? :)

The scarf looks magnificent!

Pretty flower magnets too...

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Thanks! :)

To tell you the truth, I've never tried. I keep meaning too. Maybe I'll try when I've made the things I already have on my "to knit" list?